Author Topic: Attunement  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Attunement
« on: July 05, 2008, 09:20:32 AM »
Help, I?m running out of ideas! This situation:
After big troubles the group comes back to Norek, and the Level 6 Seer is going to try to attune himself to the Sea-Drake perndant. This has to be an important situation but my mind is completly blank! But it shouldn?t be easy and it shouldn?t be solveable purely with an Attnunement roll.
Anybody any idea or suggestion?
What do you connect with a "sea-drake" on some spiritual level?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Attunement
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 04:42:10 PM »
 1) Maybe you have to be in a specific place and time to try and attune to the item if you are not of a specific race, professon, tech level, power, level etc. 

2) You have to have special materials to attune to the items.

3) sacrifice something to the item.

4) Personal adventure to attune to the item that takes place in the attuners head. If the attuner fails then the item controlls the PC untill the PC can win on a new quest to tame the item.
 4a) As above but all PC's get sucked into the quest.

5) Need other magic items to attune to the item.

6) Need the blessing of a dragon or other powerful bieng to attempt to attune to the item.

Thats all for now.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 06:57:34 PM »
 I also thought the person who is tryingt o attune needs to find a specific book that has a special attunemtn ritual that one has to follow to attune to the item. And then the person has to go to a specific place at a specific time to attempt the ritual.

From there you could go any way you want.
 MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 03:25:42 AM »
I?m thinking in the direction of a personal adventure in combination with the blessing or in the context of the Seadrake. That?s why I?m also thinking about "Sea" and "Drakes" - and again the link between the "bad" Seadrake (Yarthraak) and the "good" Seadrake (U-Lyhsak). That?s why I?m trying to clarify the relationship between the Cult of Yarthraak and the old Kingdom symbol of U-Lyshak. A mystical story for the players.
An idea for a scene in the personal adventure while afftuning: ?the seadrake disgorges himself" (in the mist, around cliffs, dark clouds rolling vastly across the sky, something powerful and big rising from the troubled waters, gleaning scales, water drops, the gigantic eyes, the body shudders, spasms, something coming out of the mouth of this gigantic mouth, the tail-end, spasm and froothing, the seadrake disgorges himself.
Could be a symbol that the crowns were created through the priests (indirecetly, for sure) or that the both are linked, but why and in what?

I?m also thinking about what is related to the ocean?

Infinity, vastness and danger, mystery, anxiety, not to come back to the surface, to get lost, drifting, to lose himself, Water als Symbol for life and death

Could it be the duty of the advisor for the king to realise that there can?t be life without unlife, no essaence without anti-essaence, no winning without loosing? The never-ending cyclus?

To stereotyped? Please, give me your ideas, sentiments, suggestions

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 04:47:53 PM »
Have you read the chapter in Shadostone Chronicles when Kalen makes it with his phoenix pendant?

Is the chapter 26
http://homepage.mac.com/terbob/kalen/Kalen_TOC.html

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)