Author Topic: Searching for herbs  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
Searching for herbs
« on: June 09, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »
what do people think of the formula for finding herbs in the wild out of the basic RM book (i don't know if there is another.) Do you use it, or something else. I find that it isn't as exponential as I would expect. The diff btwn a rarity 1 and a rarity 5 is 4....just 4 individual finds. When folks start foraging, they can rake it in.
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Searching for herbs
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 07:31:34 PM »
Something to keep in mind about those herbs, they are supposed to be of an enchanted nature (hence why they are called Enchanted Herbs) and found only in special places (graveyards, earthnodes, around magical springs, any other place the GM wants, etc..). You shouldn't be able to find them just anywhere

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 11:40:12 PM »
hmm...I need to adjust something than--because in my world concept they are enchanted by nature...wordplay intended. Whereever they grow, they are magical. So, the formula is just for particular places...I wonder if I missed it saying that somewhere. Or was that part of the bleed-off from ME which was assumed and not explicitly stated?
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 07:50:43 AM »
I wonder if I missed it saying that somewhere.

You likely didn't, at least not in the core RMC books. I know that I read it in one ICE product once (likely a Shadow World book) and that is how I have always played it and looked at it.

I am planning on an article on Herbalism for the next issue of EA, which will cover some non-enchanted, non-magical herbs, and will stress the differences between the two as well.