Author Topic: New RMC Campaign via FGU  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
New RMC Campaign via FGU
« on: January 05, 2023, 03:29:46 PM »
After a bit over a year away from the game, the bug has bitten again.  I have decided to start a new campaign.  The campaign will be a mixture of low and high fantasy. Planned as a long-term campaign.  Will be using FGU (Fantasy Grounds Unity) as the VTT.  I have an Ultimate license (so prospective players don't need any license).  Game details as follows:

Campaign Description
Umbar and the southern lands paid allegiance to the Dark Lord Sauron for centuries.  Life under the Shadow was hard and bleak.  The strong took from the weak.  Death was often unexpected and vicious.
Last year, a Great Fleet set out to fight for the Dark Lord against the hated Men of Gondor and their foul Elvish allies, but the battle was lost.  Even far to the south in Umbar and its surrounds, the ripples of the overthrow of the Dark Lord were felt.  As he fell, so did those who drew power from him.  Those few who returned from the battle whispered of Elvish Trickery, Great Wizardry and an Army of the Dead.
But Umbar is a warrior society and will not be paralysed by shock or fear for long.  Likely the Lords of Gondor will come, but not yet.  First, they must put their own realm in order.
The old rulers of Umbar are dead, but the habits of centuries still persist.  Into this land you set forth…

Allowable races
High Men (Char Law) - Most of the warriors and seamen of Umbar can trace their lineage back to Nûmenor.
Common Men (Char Law) - Descendants of the original indigenous population of Umbar, prior to the arrival of the hosts of Nûmenor.
Dark Tribes (RMC I) - Some Haradrim have been lured west from their native desert.  Although many of their customs have been modified by life in Umbar, their ways are still very different from most of the rest of Umbar.
Mixed Men (RMC I) – The results of intermarriage between the cultures.
Dwarves (Char Law) – Centuries under the sway of the Dark Lord have corrupted the spirit and physical form of some of the “Naugrim”.  They have become “Mornaugrim” or dark dwarves.  Dark Dwarves have become twisted and evil with their long association with the Dark Lord.  They are grimmer and more gaunt that their northern brethren.
Normal (Lesser) and Greater Orcs (Char Law) - Orcs roam the countryside by night and seek shelter in caves or holes in the ground by day.
Half-Ogres/Half-Orcs/Half-Trolls (RMC I) - Centuries of violence and perversion have resulted in many cross-breeds.

Allowable professions
Character Law – all core professions
Spell Law II – beastmaster, dabbler, druid, magent, pathfinder, priest, ranger (revised), runemage, warrior mage
RMC I – barbarian, burglar, high warrior monk, delver, nightblade

Campaign Details
Day of week and time: Friday 11.00-16.00 UTC (NB: This is Friday night in Western Australia, check your time zone compatibility!)
Planned Duration & Frequency: Once a week.
Term: Long term…
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord server (headset with PTT required)
Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players needed: Aiming for 5-6 players.
Character starting level & equipment: PC’s will be starting new Level 1 characters.
Character restrictions: Read the campaign primer!

Me: Long time player of many RPG's. Have DM'ed mainly AD&D and Rolemaster, but always loved RM as a player.  Re-acquainting myself with FG.

You: Don't take it personally, but I'd prefer mature players.  No munchkin min-maxers.  Must be willing to commit to the regular timeslot.  Check your time zone compatibility.  If you could detail your experience (FG and RM) that will help.

The aim is to have fun in a RMC world.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” - J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: New RMC Campaign via FGU
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 12:58:35 PM »
Still space for 3 more players...
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” - J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 04:06:03 AM »
Bump.  Great GM, that runs a very tight game with very few house rules.
Probably the grittiest games I’ve been in - super compatible for players that love crunch!

Still space for 3 more players...

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 10:32:46 AM »
Will be using FGU
I must say, seeing that acronym was like a trip down memory lane :-)

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 09:56:10 PM »
Hi
Have one space become available in my campaign.  We've been going for a while and the other characters are currently L2.  You would be starting at that level.

PM me if interested.

Thanks

Offline Syssiah

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Shadow World Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 11:41:57 PM »
Too bad timezone is uncompatible to me.