Author Topic: Magewrights (Eberron Conversion)  (Read 507 times)

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Magewrights (Eberron Conversion)
« on: July 23, 2022, 10:13:05 PM »
Magewrights do low level enchantments in Eberron.  So, these are the possibilities:
1.  Magewrights are actually of the Layman profession with access to a number of Alchemist Base lists.  Obviously not all of them. Obviously the General Enchantments list may be one of them.  Magewrights are supposed to be NPCs (see the Eberron Campaign Setting page 89).

2. Magewrights may be low level NPC alchemists. (See The Treasure Companion for details).

So, what are your feelings?  There are two possibilities. And possibly a third I haven't even considered!

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Magewrights (Eberron Conversion)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 01:21:25 PM »
Layman will have fewer PP and more limited access to spells than Alchemists, so it's mostly a question of how productive you want them to be. Also, even at lower levels the alchemy spell lists are going to grant crafting bonuses, so with their low PP you might have Laymen who are spending a fair amount of time just making conventional things, with only the occasional magic item. Do you want a lot of minor items being bought and sold? Alchemist might make more sense. Are they supposed to be uncommon? Layman.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Magewrights (Eberron Conversion)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 05:41:52 PM »
Do you want a lot of minor items being bought and sold? Alchemist might make more sense. Are they supposed to be uncommon? Layman.

I see. Given that Eberron is a magi-tech setting, I'll use low level Alchemists.