Author Topic: Construct Companion  (Read 1029 times)

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Construct Companion
« on: July 12, 2022, 01:34:33 PM »
Do you use the Construct Companion in your games?

Offline The Chorned Jat

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Construct Companion
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 02:14:07 PM »
I did not have the chance to but I absolutely would if I had the opportunity - most likely making TPs/spell lists more generally available to alchemists.  Pretty great book IMO :)

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 02:24:15 PM »
I did not have the chance to but I absolutely would if I had the opportunity - most likely making TPs/spell lists more generally available to alchemists.  Pretty great book IMO :)

Yeah, that's what I noticed.  The good doctor certainly did his research.  I haven't looked at the spell lists, yet.  But I was wondering if some of the spells could be used for the Mark of Making (a dragonmark in Eberron).

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 03:31:04 PM »
I have a PC using the Sentience and Animation lists to very strange effect, not exactly as designed. He has a habit of making things sentient so he can interrogate them instead of studying them like a normal mage. Sometimes this is pretty useful and sometimes it is a bad idea, for example when the item is a 50th level artifact capable of summoning.

I'm not so keen on PCs creating things that are limited only by time and money. It's hard to meter out how much of those things they should have. I prefer setting those limits by level. They do have an animated, sentient wagon though, and a couple of acquired constructs.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 04:54:54 PM »
I have a PC using the Sentience and Animation lists to very strange effect, not exactly as designed. He has a habit of making things sentient so he can interrogate them instead of studying them like a normal mage. Sometimes this is pretty useful and sometimes it is a bad idea, for example when the item is a 50th level artifact capable of summoning.

I'm not so keen on PCs creating things that are limited only by time and money. It's hard to meter out how much of those things they should have. I prefer setting those limits by level. They do have an animated, sentient wagon though, and a couple of acquired constructs.

Ah.  I take it your PCs have been through a few scrapes.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 05:25:43 PM »
Yes, and that group is very close to the conclusion of the original campaign arc. They are getting to the point where they are going to need all the help they can get, and I can blow everything up in the process. ;)   (It won't be the end of the campaign though, so it's not completely unlimited.)
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster