Author Topic: GenCon 2023  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
    • World of Ærnth/Channel Cities
GenCon 2023
« on: January 03, 2023, 09:15:44 PM »
GenCon 2023- important upcoming dates:

Event Submission Opens - 1/8
Early Submission Closes - 2/12
Event Submission Deadline - 3/11
If anyone is able to run ICE events (RM2/C, RMSS/FRP, Spacemaster2, Spacemaster, Privateers, HARP, HARP-SF, or RMU; please let me know.  GenCon usually wants all games from a single gaming company to coordinate the events through a single person.

Last year, Charles T. submitted some HARP game sessions in addition to the RMU game sessions that I submitted and they ended up combining them together under the Iron Crown heading.  This actually worked out well as we both had our games scheduled in the same room, which worked out pretty well for both of us.

This also allows for possible prizes (usually discount coupons) for players in some of the sessions (which we coordinate through Colin.  It also allows for support between the sessions and the ICE booth in the Vendor Hall.
Wolfhound (aka Aaron Smalley)
World of Aernth/Channel Cities setting: www.ChannelCities.com
City of Archendurn & Dun Cru author (for RM/HARP)
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: GenCon 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 12:23:09 AM »
I am planning to come to GenCon this year and can run some RMU sessions.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 11:41:54 PM »
I always thought it might be both fun and helpful to get some T-shirts made with the Rolemaster Unified logo on the front and something like, 'Ask me about it!' on the back.  :)
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Filroden

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 10:29:09 AM »
Wouldn't "RMU? HMU" work better?

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 07:23:21 PM »
I always thought it might be both fun and helpful to get some T-shirts made with the Rolemaster Unified logo on the front and something like, 'Ask me about it!' on the back.  :)
The T-shirt idea is great.  Oh, Colin...

Hurin, that is great.  Do you have adventures in mind, and if so, which rules are you planning to use?  Charles is planning to run several HARP sessions again this year (his sessions went over very well last year).  Do you know how many sessions you might be able to run yet?  Please let me know by PM here or through Discord when you can. 
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 10:48:12 PM »
I want to play a bit myself, so I would say I can commit to at least 2 sessions (but probably just 2). I will be running RMU of course.

I didn't have any adventure in mind yet, though I do have some ones I made up myself that I could run, unless you want to coordinate a specific adventure for all RMU sessions?

Offline raynbow

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 09:58:34 AM »
Will you guys be in the vendor hall this year?

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 10:02:37 PM »
Yes, we have a booth again this year.  It will be staffed by Monte and Nick (the "layout guy"), same as the previous few years.  Not sure of the booth location yet.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2023, 11:26:57 PM »
I suspect I'll be looking at going 2024. If not definitely 2025.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline raynbow

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2023, 12:42:26 PM »
Will there be print copies of RMU Character/Spell Law?  I bought the pdfs but I think i'd like to have the books too.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2023, 12:44:56 PM »
There will definitely be print copies of Core Law and I am quite sure Spell Law too. But I would wait for official confirmation.

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2023, 04:17:45 PM »
Yes, we will have both soft cover and hardcover copies of both Spell Law and Core Law at the GenCon booth (Booth 2810).  Will be loading them into my truck in a couple of hours in preparation for the drive down tomorrow morning.  If you walk into the east end of the Vendor Hall from the entrances that at the east end of the long hallway that runs along vendor hall ("Hoosier Concourse"), walk past Warhammer (#2411) and Carolina Game Tables (#2613) and make a right just past the glitchgear.com (#2715), their booth backs up to ours.