Author Topic: Harp Bestiary errata  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Evensnalgonel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Harp Bestiary errata
« on: April 21, 2021, 06:02:22 AM »
Hello, I'm not sure if I'm putting this topic in the right place, but I'm opening the ball on some small typos found in the Harp bestiary.

On the 4th cover, there are "borders" around the image blocks.
Then, in the tables presenting the creatures, the title is not always indicated in the same way (sometimes in bold type, other times in normal type).
For example, on p12, the whole area is in bold (Animals Non-Dangerous - Stats), same for the "Racial Stats" table on p37, but from p38, only "Dangerous" is in bold.
Then, on p65, this time, we have "Dangerous" in bold, but "Animals" and "Racial Stats" highlighted in yellow.
In short, there is not the same logic for the different stat blocks throughout the book.
p66, "Avian" seems to be shifted down from "Stats" (ditto p78)
p163, the creature "Drogue Weed" is not underlined unlike the others.
p264, in the table, we find twice the entry Fire Dragon - Hatchling", with all the line identical, but we don't have the "Fire dragon - Adult"

Offline enoch

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • just me
Re: Harp Bestiary errata
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 03:47:10 PM »
I have a (compound) request. At the very least I think the Bestiary (and every ICE PDF) should have bookmarks in the sidebar that reflect the table of contents. Ideally, I would like to see the Table of Contents and the Creature Index section have clickable links to the relevant pages. Scrolling to find a particular section or creature gets old really quick, especially with a 471 page PDF. Thanks.

Offline Twistor

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 07:50:41 PM »
Some typos:

P. 48: Title "Hoppopotami" -> Hippopotami
P. 58 : Title "Tasmaniun devils" -> "Tasmanian devils"
P. 96: Title "Giant Squid / Colosal Squid" -> "Giant Squid / Colossal Squid"
P. 209: Title "Pack Memeber" -> "Pack Member"
"This here is my invention. A small orb with a tornado trapped inside of it. Magnificent, like a ship in a bottle but with dynamics and power fluctuating inside. Here, you may take a closer look. Just don't drop it or we will all die."
- Vir'alaar the Air Elementalist

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 08:34:43 AM »
Pg 265 is blank which appears to have knocked all the pages after it on a page making the table of contents out by 1 page for everything after pg 265.

Offline Kirsa

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 09:07:43 PM »
I don't think it is errata, but how many pages would it add to make it so that you wouldn't have to go outside of the Bestiary to reference Talents?

The other thing is that the pdf needs to be bookmarked.

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 05:17:08 PM »
sorry for the harsh words but:

can someone put this darn irritating background image on a layer so people viewing the product can disable/hide it ?
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 07:23:05 AM »
The animals - amphibian section is missing bold titles for both poisonous toads and frogs and poisonous salamanders.

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 05:03:52 AM »
In the text the Al-mi'raj is written as Al-mi'raj. In the title and the header of the table it is written as Almiraj (that might not be a problem but it's something I noticed).

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 09:16:22 AM »
It's not an errata per se but on a lot of the creatures (spineshark as an example), the title is Spinesharks and the table header is Spineshark (minus the last s). Not a huge thing and it might not bother anyone but I noticed it so thought I'd put it here.

Offline Radimon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 10:57:18 AM »
Page 459, left column, under Electrical Immunity, it should say the creature can GROUND the charge, not "earth" the charge.

One line below that, you need to highlight "Elemental Channeling (Element) (varies)" so it's clear that it's a separate ability.

Same page, right column, Flicker Jump should either say "distance of fifty feet" or "fifty foot distance."

Bottom of that column, Magic Draining Aura starts off saying you can use it 4 times per day, then at the top of the next page says you can use it 5 times per day.

Page 462, Tough Hide (Extraplanar, Minor), Tough Hide (Extraplanar, Major), and Tough Hide (Extraplanar, Greater) all say they give +140 DB.
Murphy's Law says 'Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.'

I think Murphy was an incurable optimist.

Offline dranthor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 11:05:35 PM »
Elementals chapter.  The unbalancing attack with the same crit (or elec or cold) is not included in the card area. also the steed and destrier - it says the destrier only gets the air critical (elec). However undernieth the descriptions it says that the steed gets the air elemental attack.
can this be straightened out it is very confusing.   Also why aren't magic attacks listed as attacks?

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2021, 07:24:55 PM »
Air Dragons have a flaw where they're Susceptible to Water. Beyond the minor grammar error of "a Water" from the context of the sentence, it should be Earth as Earth is the opposing element.

Earth and Fire Dragons also appear to be missing their Susceptible to <opposing element> listings.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline docem

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2021, 02:01:24 AM »
Not sure if it is a series of errors without understanding the stat blocks. Can somone explain to me the Racial Stat blocks in the form of x(y)? For example Antelope QU 3( 8 ) & IN -2( 3 ) has an initiative bonus of 17. Taking Lightning Reflexes +5 out = 12. How does 12 evolve from the racial stat block numbers?
Cheers.
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, he said, BUT I COULD MURDER A CURRY. 
[Death addresses his new apprentice (Terry Pratchett, Mort)]

Offline docem

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2021, 04:07:34 PM »
Ok, think I have worked it out. The 1st number is the racial modifier? & the 2nd number is the statistic modifier? I assumed a 75 stat array but appears not. You add them all together & initiative adds up.

Do the stat entries included the Size modifiers for ST & QU?
For example
Cat: [Tiny -2ST / +10QU] ST -8(6) QU -1(3) IN -1(4) INIT10.
Rabbit: [Miniscule -4ST +20QU] ST-7(2) QU-1(5) IN-4(5) INIT10.
Cheers.
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, he said, BUT I COULD MURDER A CURRY. 
[Death addresses his new apprentice (Terry Pratchett, Mort)]

Online ImaginosMusic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Pikes Peak or Bust!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2022, 09:07:09 PM »
Vampire lord example on pg 314 is presented across both columns on the page. The left column states 30th level fighter/30th level mage. The right column states 30th level fighter/20th level mage.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2023, 11:26:28 AM »
It's been a while. This is not so much errata as clarification.

In the Elemental Heritages section, the options for a character with Greater Elemental Blood include Constrained Elemental Regeneration and Constrained Elemental Strike. Scrolling on to the next page, the descriptions for both say that the character must first have the appropriate Planar Immunity talent. So in page 379 we're talking about characters with elemental blood talents, whereas on page 390 we're talking about characters who have been elementally poisoned.

So is the requirement Greater Elemental Blood (that element) or (Elemental Poisoning {that Element} and Planar Immunity {that Element})? It gets further confused by the fact that characters who have been elemental poisoned are only allowed one Elemental Heritage talent with GM permisson. Or is this per elemental poisoning?
#LotorAllura2024