Author Topic: Unable to use any 'buttons'  (Read 2438 times)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Unable to use any 'buttons'
« on: January 14, 2017, 02:54:55 PM »
Ever since I switched to a Windows 10 PC with IE 11 I have been unable to use any of the buttons: emojis, bold, hyperlink, etc... Also, I am unable to widen the dialog box at all. I also checked on Chrome and have the same problem. Trust me, I get not liking Windows 10 (I hate it, and am saving up for a MacBook pro) but I would still like to be able to use the various tools at times...
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: Unable to use any 'buttons'
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 08:30:34 PM »
I will see what I can find out but not promising anything
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 02:47:23 PM »
OK, thanks.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 02:59:15 PM »
Still nothing for me. I cannot use any of the buttons, it is getting really tedious for me to use these forums.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 11:28:37 PM »
I normally use Firefox but I tested it in IE 11, on Windows 10, and all the buttons work for me. So there's something about your system. Are you blocking any kind of content? Are you using something other than an ordinary mouse? Do you have any assistive settings turned on?

System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 09:00:56 AM »
I am using a windows laptop, running Edge. I do have some pop-up blockers, but they don't interfere with any other message board sites (like RPG.NET) only this one. I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Secure Connection, but again, they don't interfere with other sites like this. (And I have been having the problem since before I have been using the Secure Connection.) Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. I just checked it out using Chrome and it seems like the buttons work, so I will be using that from now on. I guess, whatever I have only affects the Edge browser.

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 09:47:52 AM »
hmm ...

maybe edge has problems that the forum signals :
Code: [Select]
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

which may be related to these issues:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6156639/x-ua-compatible-is-set-to-ie-edge-but-it-still-doesnt-stop-compatibility-mode

looking at the age of the forum/portal software, there is no fix for you other than using firefox, chrome or any derivitive browser.
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 09:10:02 PM »
That might as well be an alien language as far as I am concerned.  ;D But, thanks. I will use Chrome.