Author Topic: Arcana Journals  (Read 1440 times)

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Arcana Journals
« on: July 16, 2015, 01:49:42 PM »
These are things published by Avalon Game Company, and I quite like the idea (I haven't actually read any of them, so I'm uncertain how it works in practice; the company's quality seems a bit... variable). Each describes a small area of the game world - one hex in this case - in detail.

Supplements covering large regions are cool, but it would be also cool to see small, probably electronic, supplements covering small regions in detail, whether this be urban or not. Given enough of them, they could be combined into a printed book.

I doubt Terry has the time for doing something like this (unlike he completely gives up on that silly idea called "sleep") but it could be the sort of thing that fans and GM's could do - for one thing, at least some probably have areas like this already described in detail.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Arcana Journals
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 08:03:24 PM »
From time to time this has arisen before the main problem is as you say variable input from "other" writers, keeping stuff true to Terry's ideas and having the ICE Team edit such works for print.
But if you have stuff ready to go you should contact Nicholas H.M Caldwell by PM and he can give you the info and see if ICE is interested in such a project.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 05:51:58 AM »
From time to time this has arisen before the main problem is as you say variable input from "other" writers, keeping stuff true to Terry's ideas and having the ICE Team edit such works for print.
But if you have stuff ready to go you should contact Nicholas H.M Caldwell by PM and he can give you the info and see if ICE is interested in such a project.
MDC

I'd actually welcome small submissions covering minor areas like these, rather than massive things that might require a lot of editorial work. Naturally, Nicholas would need to weigh in.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 06:17:48 AM »
These are the Journals themselves: http://www.rpgnow.com/browse/pub/645/Avalon-Game-Company/subcategory/1658_5080/Arcana

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be full size previews. Size seems to be variable, around 30-60 pages, although price is fairly constant.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:23:29 AM by Terry K. Amthor »
I made some things! Azukail Games