Author Topic: Random Updates from Terry Amthor  (Read 282183 times)

Offline Vurkanan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Random Updates from Terry Amthor
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2013, 12:42:34 PM »
I suggested to the SW Facebook followers that I might do a Xa-ar-style module (though not THAT large) of this region (wiping the old Sky-Giants slate pretty much clean, as those rights are gone anyway) and people there got pretty excited. What about my ICE forum friends??

Oh, I'm getting excited too!

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2013, 04:13:32 AM »
Hey Terry, It's been a long long time since we last talked and I seriously doubt you remember me. I am very happy to see you actually working with ICE now on Shadow World as that wasn't the case so many years ago. How did that book go you were working on? It was helping me to fill in some details from your modules. I believe it was centered in Jaiman, I'm not sure. I was one of those who were disappointed in the "Grand Campaign". I tried filling in the details myself for my game and it was to much overall. I understand that undertaking is nigh impossible to accomplish. So why not create a new "grand campaign" of sorts but publish it in different modules or parts? To be honest though anything for Shadow World would be great. Maybe even an open source campaign design with submissions from people on this list  ;). Otherwise I think Thuul is a good idea.
One question though, do these new updates put everything together and complete that was incomplete or missing from some of the original books and updates?

Bruce

Hi Bruce, not sure about the 'book' you are referring to, but if it is my Shadowstone novel, the first in the series should be released in the next few weeks (yay!)

As for campaigns, please check out my book, Xa-ar, set in NW Jaiman, over half of which is devoted to adventures (many interlinked), including a campaign set around the island of the far northwest. http://www.rpgnow.com/product/56438/Shadow-World:-The-Land-of-Xa-ar?affiliate_id=181921

Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2013, 04:34:22 AM »
Ooooh, I just thought of this: I would love to see an expansion on the area of the Raven Queen and her efforts to conquer those lands - and the forces arrayed against her.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2013, 07:44:45 AM »
Great news on the book front. :)
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2013, 10:41:38 AM »
I've had a lot of Earl Grey this morning...

Mr Crusher, Make it so!
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2013, 12:53:55 PM »
Wuliris has come right along. So much colder that Xa-ar, and there are nasty Frost Elves and their 'pet' white wolves. And beneath the snowy surface are a few ancient Taranian installations... and maybe even a few Taranians...
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »
Hey, TKA, how do you get the images to do that? I would like to upload some of the images I used in my game to show what the Quellbourne area looks like, so the players could get into the feel of the place.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2013, 02:22:18 PM »
Hey, TKA, how do you get the images to do that? I would like to upload some of the images I used in my game to show what the Quellbourne area looks like, so the players could get into the feel of the place.

The snow image is a render by our very own Craig John (craggles), so it will be appearing in an upcoming Wuliris module. The cryo bay is also a sample using a render template Craig has, so you'll be seeing more of those sleeping Taranians...
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline mistrornge

• Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2013, 08:06:39 AM »
I thi8nk he means for them to show in the post.
GMing RMFRP in Forgotten Realms
Charles Morris

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2013, 01:25:02 PM »
Hi Terry,

We've had a question from one of our twitter followers:

Hey, @IronCrown1 any chance of getting the Shadow World novels re-released as ebooks?

Have you thought about ebooks?

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2013, 02:26:13 PM »
Correct.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2013, 03:16:36 PM »
You can use Insert Image (icon is below the Bold button) and link to a picture that's already on the web somewhere.

Or you can click on "Attachments and other options" at the bottom of the post entry box and upload an image.  Uploading an image (attachment) requires approval before it is visible to the public - but we normally approve within 24 hours.  There are file size limitations though and also file type limitations.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2013, 04:27:24 PM »
Thank you, I will look into doing that.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2013, 02:30:08 AM »
Correct.

I don;t know about you guys, but I don't get the 'upload image' option until I click the 'preview' for my post, and then the 'Attachments and other options' option shows up.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2013, 02:47:14 AM »
Hi Terry,

We've had a question from one of our twitter followers:

Hey, @IronCrown1 any chance of getting the Shadow World novels re-released as ebooks?

Have you thought about ebooks?

Hi, well, (aside from my SW novel, which I'm hoping to release as an ebook by the end of the month) as far as I know there are no plans regarding the old books. Personally, I never read or endorsed any of those besides Stormriders; they were published when I was away from ICE in the early 90's. From what I understand, except for Stormriders, they weren't really that related to Shadow World.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline cdcooley

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2013, 04:20:02 PM »
I have all four of the "Ian Hammel" novels and they might be of interest to other collectors of everything related to our favorite fantasy setting, but probably aren't worth trying to republish.

The first three form a series with characters from the first two reappearing in the third. The first "The Burning Goddess" is set on Aranmor, the second "Clock Strikes Sword" is set on a generic isolated island, and the third "City of Assassins" is set primarily in Eidolon. They are fine fantasy novels, but they are obviously taking place in some alternate universe version of Kulthea and the time-based magic of the second book feels out of place.

The "Ian Hammel" version of Stormriders is an edited (i.e. entire scenes removed to make it shorter) version of the one ICE had published.

Frankly, I'm much more excited about the newest incarnation of "The Journals of Kalen Avenir" and can't wait to see what changes and improvements have been made this time. The rewrite which turned it into "The Shadowstone Chronicle" was absolutely the right choice. My only concern now is that a few weeks in "Terry time" can turn into a year or more.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2013, 06:03:01 AM »
I have all four of the "Ian Hammel" novels and they might be of interest to other collectors of everything related to our favorite fantasy setting, but probably aren't worth trying to republish.

The first three form a series with characters from the first two reappearing in the third. The first "The Burning Goddess" is set on Aranmor, the second "Clock Strikes Sword" is set on a generic isolated island, and the third "City of Assassins" is set primarily in Eidolon. They are fine fantasy novels, but they are obviously taking place in some alternate universe version of Kulthea and the time-based magic of the second book feels out of place.

The "Ian Hammel" version of Stormriders is an edited (i.e. entire scenes removed to make it shorter) version of the one ICE had published.

Frankly, I'm much more excited about the newest incarnation of "The Journals of Kalen Avenir" and can't wait to see what changes and improvements have been made this time. The rewrite which turned it into "The Shadowstone Chronicle" was absolutely the right choice. My only concern now is that a few weeks in "Terry time" can turn into a year or more.

There's a long complicated story behind 'Ian Hammel.'

I promise, barring something unforseen, the first Shadowstone book will be out in the next couple of weeks. I have the info on creating all the ebook formats. The second one is mostly written.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2013, 06:33:45 AM »
...and the cover will be done :)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2013, 01:53:12 AM »
Back on the Earl Grey, and having fun in Wuliris. I don't anticipate a massive campaign quite like Xa-ar, but plenty of adventures, lots of cultural info and details about the area just like Xa-ar, with a keyed map showing dozens of towns and other interesting places. Some new information about the fall of Zor (but I'll save most of the Zor stuff for the Jaiman revision); a lot more about the Taranians and their subshuttle, and a couple of bases. Players could even run a Taranian character, woken from cryo-sleep. But there is plenty more forming up with the Frost-elves (they might be even nastier than the Dyari) and other outside factions (Urulan, Rhakhaan, Lyak) in Wuliris.

If you have not already voted in the product revision poll, please do!
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2013, 04:47:43 AM »
Some new information about the fall of Zor (but I'll save most of the Zor stuff for the Jaiman revision);
Cool.
a lot more about the Taranians and their subshuttle, and a couple of bases. Players could even run a Taranian character, woken from cryo-sleep.
Very, very cool.