Author Topic: Imbue Bonus spell question  (Read 960 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Imbue Bonus spell question
« on: February 25, 2011, 07:42:34 AM »
I guess I'm having quite a few questions lately. This spell is found in College of Magics.

Increase Imprint (per sigil imprint)
I'm assuming this means per "stuff it does". That is if I wanted it to effect two skills? Or does this mean something entirely different?

Enchant Existing Non-magical Item +10 PP
I'm assuming this only primes a non-magical item to receive the bonus, not change a non magical item into a magical item.

Enchant Existing Magical Item +20 PP
As per above, then this just primes a magical item to receive the bonus?

Increase Bonus Increment II +10 PP
Increase Bonus Increment III +20 PP
Increase Bonus Increment IV +30 PP
Increase Bonus Increment V +40 PP
I don't have to cast this at the same time as Enchant Existing... now do I?

For example let's say a mage finds a sword. It's non-magical but we wants to make it a +10. So do I cast this spell scaled with Enchant non-magical for 20PP and then afterwards cast this spell scaled with Bonus Increment II for another 20PP or is all at one time thus 10pp for the base spell, 10PP for the Enchant and +10 for the Bonus for a total of 30PP?

Thanks!

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Darkeen's Battlefield - still going strong.
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
Re: Imbue Bonus spell question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 06:57:57 PM »
Hi,

Read the section about creating the magic longsword. It gives an example on how to create it and explains what imbue imprint is used for.....

in other words I cant remember at the moment...  :-[
--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer
Author of "The Ruins of Kausur"
http://roleplayingapps.wordpress.com

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 02:43:45 PM »
I guess I'm having quite a few questions lately. This spell is found in College of Magics.

Increase Imprint (per sigil imprint)
I'm assuming this means per "stuff it does". That is if I wanted it to effect two skills? Or does this mean something entirely different?

Something different. You need a certain number of imprints of the magical sigil in order for the item enchantment to take effect. this scaling option allows a single casting to provide multiple imprints. If you want 2 skills, then you'll need to cast 2 sets of Imbue Bonus spells.

Enchant Existing Non-magical Item +10 PP
I'm assuming this only primes a non-magical item to receive the bonus, not change a non magical item into a magical item.

Correct. It allows the creator to put magic into an existing object, rather than having to make a completely new item.

Enchant Existing Magical Item +20 PP
As per above, then this just primes a magical item to receive the bonus?

Correct. It allows you to add extra powers to existing magical items.

Increase Bonus Increment II +10 PP
Increase Bonus Increment III +20 PP
Increase Bonus Increment IV +30 PP
Increase Bonus Increment V +40 PP
I don't have to cast this at the same time as Enchant Existing... now do I?

Yes, you do, if you want more than a +5 bonus.

For example let's say a mage finds a sword. It's non-magical but we wants to make it a +10. So do I cast this spell scaled with Enchant non-magical for 20PP and then afterwards cast this spell scaled with Bonus Increment II for another 20PP or is all at one time thus 10pp for the base spell, 10PP for the Enchant and +10 for the Bonus for a total of 30PP?

Thanks!

You need the base Imbue Bonus spell plus the Enchant Existing Non-magical item (10PP) and the Increase Bonus Increment II (10PP) so 30PP for each casting. And you need 60 imprints.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 03:07:17 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I think I understand the process now.

One of my NPC's is a Thurmaturge and I wanted to make sure I wasn't overstepping boundaries in making items.