Author Topic: Tieflings from D and D in RMU  (Read 526 times)

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Tieflings from D and D in RMU
« on: June 22, 2023, 05:16:58 AM »
A player of mine wants to basically create Tieflings (from D&D) for our new campaign. Has anyone done so already? I'd be interested to see what people did for this.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Tieflings from D and D in RMU
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 09:35:41 AM »
I haven't, but it is generally very easy in RMU.

The stats are relatively easy to convert. I would say +3 or +4 Presence (corresponding to Charisma) and then +2 to Reasoning and/or Empathy (Empathy doesn't really sound like it would fit, but Int in D&D is the spellcasting stat for its version of Essence, so that's why I'd lean to Empathy).

The feats are a little more complicated, depending on what version of 5e you are converting from. But you can look to RMU's talents and their costing for guidance. Darkvision and resistance to fire are in RMU already, so just use their costs. Darkness is also an RMU spell, so you could make that into a talent.

I'm not sure if there is an RMU talent precedent for something like Hellish Rebuke, but you could look to the sorts of fire auras that creatures have in Creature Law. Those are talents that have a cost as well.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 01:03:18 PM »
So it comes down to... once again asking when Creatures will be out?  :D

Offline 5th Knight of Xar

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 01:33:39 PM »
Spell Law paper version first, maybe sometime this summer, then Treasure Law pdf and the process to update that and get the paper version out later this autumn/winter, then Creature Law I pdf, possibly paper version early next year. I seem to recall someone posting about it earlier this week, can't remember who of the ICE team it was or where.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 06:20:41 PM »
Spell Law corrections have been made (updated PDF is already available on Drivethrurpg), and now it's going through the process to become available in print. Treasure Law is pretty far along towards being released as PDF. Creature Law I is after that, I don't know that it will slip to next year, hopefully not.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 08:55:01 AM »
Until then, of course we use the beta of Creature Law, which is freely available.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline kwickham

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Aioskoru
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 11:40:02 PM »
Instead of trying to convert, is any of the creatures somewhat similar to tieflings in Creature Law? I was looking at some of the Elf Demons, but the ones i looked at seem too powerful.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2023, 09:31:16 AM »
Tieflings are a character race with some demonic ancestry. The things in Creature Law could be appropriate for those ancestors, but it needs to be a race rather than a creature -- which is actually easier to create anyway.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster