Author Topic: Updated files request was Re: Sea Law returns!  (Read 2341 times)

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
    • ICE Roleplaying WebRing
Updated files request was Re: Sea Law returns!
« on: November 14, 2011, 09:12:28 PM »

Sea Law is searchable. I ran the Adobe Capture function on it and with a very few exceptions (covers being the ones I recall) it behaved itself.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Oh, that is excellent news. Is this true of any of the other scans?

I do have an interest in this .pdf now, save wear on my original hard copy.

The five that I've just uploaded this evening are all searchable - 5 never-before-seen-in-pdf Spacemaster modules. The Spacemaster Companion is. Some of the scans were searchable to begin with. I plan on methodically going through the entire set of scans, attempting Capture and then replacing files with improved versions where it worked. It is probably several evenings' worth of work.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

(Feel free to break this off into a new topic if appropriate)
I'm not sure if you would even have the records required to do this, but is there any chance that those of us that purchased PDF's through the ICE store when they were offered could get some sort of discount or credit to repurchase the pdf's through RPGNow, particularly ones that are getting updates as mentioned above?  I'd like the updated files, but not badly enough to repurchase them all at full price.
Brent Knorr...
Ringmaster:ICE Roleplaying Webring - http://www.icewebring.com

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Updated files request was Re: Sea Law returns!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 08:29:28 AM »
GCP does not have the individual records for Mjolnir ICE store sales. (We do however have complete records for sales made on our Guild store when it was operational at guild.ironcrown)

Aurigas might have these records or be able to get them from Mjolnir. That's a question for Thom Jones or John Seal at Aurigas.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »
GCP does not have the individual records for Mjolnir ICE store sales. (We do however have complete records for sales made on our Guild store when it was operational at guild.ironcrown)

Aurigas might have these records or be able to get them from Mjolnir. That's a question for Thom Jones or John Seal at Aurigas.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Thanks Nicholas,
I'll see if Thom will pop in with an answer here, if not, I'll send him a note a little later.  If they do have those records, do you think some sort of discount deal could be made with GCP to offer PDF updates at a discount?
Brent Knorr...

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 07:43:47 AM »
We're looking into it - will advise when an answer is available.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 09:13:03 AM »
We have been advised that Mjolnir (Bruce) is not able to provide such information.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 02:01:45 PM »
Although Mjolnir (Bruce) cannot provide the sales records, what you can do is to log into the old Mjolnir store and make a screenshot of the relevant parts of your order history and then send that to me. I will issue a discount coupon enabling purchase of an improved scan product at one dollar.

I'm still upgrading files at this end.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:51:22 PM by NicholasHMCaldwell »
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 02:30:58 PM »
Although Mjolnir (Bruce) cannot provide the sales records, what you can be done is to log into the old Mjolnir store and make a screenshot of the relevant parts of your order history and then send that to me. I will issue a discount coupon enabling purchase of an improved scan product at one dollar.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Wow! Thanks.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 11:48:56 PM »
Thanks!  Might require a few screenshots, since I don't think there was an easy way to get a list that actually showed everything that was ordered in one place, but that's doable  ;D

Although Mjolnir (Bruce) cannot provide the sales records, what you can do is to log into the old Mjolnir store and make a screenshot of the relevant parts of your order history and then send that to me. I will issue a discount coupon enabling purchase of an improved scan product at one dollar.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Brent Knorr...

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 08:50:51 AM »

What is the URL for the old Mjolnir store?

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 08:52:10 AM »
And just thought of this after posting above.  If we still have the printed receipts, can we scan those and email the scans?

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 08:58:12 AM »
The old store is at:

http://shop.mjolnirgames.com/

Hopefully you'll be able to log in and get your info, as to the receipt await an answer from Nicholas or Thom.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 04:59:52 PM »
When did the Mjolnir Store first start?  My order history is empty, meaning all my orders were from before Mjolnir started.

OK.  I just looked at my printed receipt.  My orders were made with the ICE store.  Evidently, before Mjolnir.

rmfr

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 07:33:53 PM »
When did the Mjolnir Store first start?  My order history is empty, meaning all my orders were from before Mjolnir started.

OK.  I just looked at my printed receipt.  My orders were made with the ICE store.  Evidently, before Mjolnir.

Mjolnir (who was going by the name ICE  from around 2001 until the end of 2010) used a store called BeanTree (BT) from 2002 until the end of January 2008. Mjolnir then changed to using Zen Cart, which is what the current store, listed above, is. Around the end of 2010, The "ICE Store" changed its name to the "Mjolnir Store".

So, you made your purchases from Mjolnir (dba ICE), but likely did so from the BeanTree (BT) store.

We have been advised that Mjolnir (Bruce) is not able to provide such information.

Actually, that is slightly inaccurate. Bruce was asked if he could easily provide the information. And the answer to THAT is "no, supplying that information  would not be easy". He did not say that it was impossible to provide any information.

The Zen Cart store, used from Feb 2008 until Dec 2010 has 3400+ customers, who made 7700+ orders of one or more of 980+ distinct products. So, no, supplying that sort of information from a system that was not designed to export that specific data (which is spread across multiple tables) in an easily readable format would not be an easy task. However, taking screenshots of the individual order pages should work fine if those currently in charge will accept them (as they have indicated that they would).

The BT store (from before the Zen Cart) is essentially several large XML files. Mjolnir cannot legally share those files with anybody because of some of the data that they contain. (Note: I do not work for Mjolnir any longer, but I occassionally do short-term contract work on a case-by-case basis - and since I would have been the one to do this, I was consulted on whether or not it would be possible).

In either case, searching the records from either store would be a tedious and time consuming task, so much so that whomever did the task of searching the records would have to be paid for their work, because work is exactly what it would be.

Anyhow, I have asked Bruce, to check with John Seal to see if Mjolnir would be allowed to update the scanned PDFs that are part of the Mjolnir Store, to make them searchable, and I even volunteered my time to update those PDFs if permission is given (Note: all this update would do would allow those who had previously purchased scanned PDfs from Mjolnir via the Zen Cart to re-download the updated versions of PDFs).

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »
As I have been advised, this issue was discussed offline between representatives of Aurigas Aldebaron and Mjolnir, and since the proposed solution will not increase the number of files available to the customers and does not in any way address the issue of the BT Cart system orders, it was agreed upon by both companies not to pursue this option.  Instead we will continue with the previously identified plan and request that anyone who purchased pdf products from the Mjolnir ICE Store (using the Zen Cart system) forward a copy of your purchase transaction to Nicholas and he'll provide you with a coupon to purchase the enhanced pdf of the same product from RPGNow.com at the cost of $1.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »
Nice.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 02:59:35 PM »
As a followup to Thom's email, if you have receipts from purchases made of scanned pdfs using the older BoxTree store (Jan 2008 and earlier), we will also accept them as proof of purchase for the purposes of issuing $1 coupons to buy upgraded versions from our OneBookShelf presence.

Do not send receipts or screenshots yet! I have a handful of products still to process, they all then need to be uploaded, and I then need to set up the coupons on OneBookShelf. I will announce when all is ready.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell