Author Topic: Director''s Briefing -- September 2019  (Read 2342 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director''s Briefing -- September 2019
« on: September 03, 2019, 10:34:15 AM »
Welcome

To the ninety-ninth Briefing and eighth Briefing of 2019. Keeping this brief as I wish to keep up my editing momentum.

Shadow World

We are still awaiting the RMSS stats for Terry’s mini-adventure. Terry is continuing with his work on Haalkitaine, and is currently focused on the new adventures for the enhanced edition. On the side, he is scribbling notes for Emer IV.

Priest-King of Shade is also in the editing queue.

RMU

Aaron is deep in the shuffling of content between the two volumes of Creature Law and all the paranoia checks that come with that. The rest of RMU is formally in the editing queue.

HARP Fantasy and HARP SF

First off, HARP Bestiary. I decided that I would perform an editing sweep on all the chapters in order to catch any inconsistency errors between chapters as well as errors within chapters. So I have swept through from introduction through Colin’s chapters on animals and sea monsters thence to John’s chapters on land creatures, air creatures, dragons and weres, and finally to my own chapters on the undead, elementals and demons. Yes, I know that it is problematic to edit myself but my original text has been checked by others. So what’s left to do? In the introduction, I have designer notes to copy in and some explanatory notes to put on Miniscule and Gigantic attack sizes and talents plus an extended BMR table. Then some arrangement of chapters and their content for Terry’s benefit in layout. So this is more than ready to have new artwork commissioned and I am handing it over to Colin to be in charge of organising the artwork.

Speaking of Colin, he has submitted his set of expanded and amended text for the Cyradon core setting book. This includes revision to the Cyradon monsters. Now added to my queue.

I received some time ago an amended draft of HARP Beyond the Veil so that is also in my editing queue and is next in line due to the relatively modest set of elements requiring checking.

The editing queue is currently therefore: HARP Bestiary, HARP Beyond the Veil, Cyradon (because there is a bit more text which needs to be looked at), and then unless any smaller manuscripts manage to turn up, Priest-King (as it is a full large draft requiring an editing sweep), and then RMU is jostling with other manuscripts for the next slot after that.

Until next time

The next scheduled Briefing will be in October 2019.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director''s Briefing -- September 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 11:16:39 AM »
Glad to hear about the progress on RMU.

Congrats to Brian too on Priest King hitting the editing queue!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline grodog

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 12:36:54 AM »
How large will the maps be in the new edition of Haalkitaine vs. the old editions?

Allan.

Offline khunkwai

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 04:52:39 AM »
Great to hear RMU is moving forward, on that note is there a character sheet around for the RMU Beta 2?

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 11:12:20 AM »
I don't think there is an official one, but there are multiple player-made ones in the download sections of these boards (see Vault: Downloads section on the top left above, and go to the RMU section). These include character sheets by myself, Shorn, and others.

Also, Thrud is working on a mobile-friendly app that has a character builder and other tools. You can see the thread here: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=19181.0

Lastly, JDale (one of the developers) has released an excellent character generator (great for making NPCs) that could be used as a character builder I think too: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=18789.0
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline khunkwai

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 06:01:19 AM »
Thank you!

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 08:52:52 PM »

Cool news on Cyradon. Interested to see 2nd ed. and how it is received.

Regards,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 01:15:45 PM »
I hate to ask, but do we have an update on the estimate for RMU release date yet?