Author Topic: Shadow World Modules  (Read 2006 times)

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Shadow World Modules
« on: April 27, 2022, 05:46:04 PM »
I have Norek.  ;D

Actually, I wanted to ask if you put Shadow World modules in with your own World Systems, or just play it as is?

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Shadow World Modules
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 06:53:38 PM »
Both. When I ran 3-3.75, I mix and matched KoK(Kingdoms of Kalamar, I swear it’s a thing)!  :o

Usually love just keeping it within Terry’s Space Master universe.

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 11:45:10 PM »
I think I never used any Shadow World module out of context. But then again, I never used any adventure idea published for Shadow World either - I picked whatever material I wanted to use (NPCs, floor plans...) and weaved it into my own plots.

Basically, everything is just raw material for inspiration.

The things I get the most mileage from are the campaign modules, because of the maps and cultural info, and the master timeline which I twist and complete as I go.

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 04:24:50 PM »
I have Norek.  ;D

Actually, I wanted to ask if you put Shadow World modules in with your own World Systems, or just play it as is?

I went the other way, I put my own world into Shadow World. Nomads of the Nine Nations is the SW adaptation of my primary campaign culture. It took a fair bit of work to get it to where both ICE and I were happy with the blend, but we got there. I'll leave it to others to decide if it "worked."
We ask the hard questions here, because they keep us too busy to worry about the hard questions in the real world, and we can go with the answers we like the best.

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 02:36:15 PM »
in the first years, i have been placing Shadow World into the mythical south "Morenore" of Middle Earth.
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 05:37:06 PM »
I have Norek.  ;D

I went the other way, I put my own world into Shadow World. Nomads of the Nine Nations is the SW adaptation of my primary campaign culture. It took a fair bit of work to get it to where both ICE and I were happy with the blend, but we got there. I'll leave it to others to decide if it "worked."

Hmm, maybe I should pick that up next month.  :D

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 07:53:19 PM »
in the first years, i have been placing Shadow World into the mythical south "Morenore" of Middle Earth.
Hey! That's where the Court of Ardor is located!  ;D  (A Middle Earth module designed and written by Terry K Amthor, the designer and writer of Shadow World, in case you didn't know.)
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 09:37:16 PM »
Hey! That's where the Court of Ardor is located!  ;D  (A Middle Earth module designed and written by Terry K Amthor, the designer and writer of Shadow World, in case you didn't know.)

acually not quite

it is the continent south of ardor
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 01:13:03 AM »
Nice work!

My wife traced the cover art for a character, she played, from that module.  Very well done.

I have Norek.  ;D

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2022, 05:26:55 PM »

acually not quite

it is the continent south of ardor

Ah, OK then. I'll allow it.  ;D
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2022, 05:34:14 PM »
She traced the cover character? Cool! In my group we all considered that to be my (ex-)wife's rogue character. Not long after it was published, I ran into the artist at a Con and bought a signed copy of it. It turns out it's also the cover to "Free Amazons of Darkover," by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I couldn't be more proud to share that tie!

Nice work!

My wife traced the cover art for a character, she played, from that module.  Very well done.

I have Norek.  ;D

We ask the hard questions here, because they keep us too busy to worry about the hard questions in the real world, and we can go with the answers we like the best.

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2022, 01:11:28 AM »
Very kewl.
Small World but a great keepsake.