Author Topic: Emer III Errata thread  (Read 3392 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Emer III Errata thread
« on: January 24, 2014, 12:38:59 AM »
Post your Errata for the Emer III PDF here! We'll be incorporating it into the print versions and a PDF (free) update for next month.

Thanks for your help!

(PS oops, meant to sticky this, not lock it!)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:46:22 AM by Terry K. Amthor »
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Emer III Errata thread
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 03:10:46 AM »
Sentence fragment, missing information at the end of the second paragraph of page 192 (section 6.0). The sentence starts "In addition to the". Clearly there was supposed to be something else here but was apparently left out.

Another apparent fragment with missing info is in the first bullet of section 8.11, page 196: "This would be easier if"...

Offline Vurkanan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 03:54:21 AM »
The map (pg.4) says that number 16 is "Thokantanabar", but in the text (pg. 68) number 16 is "Okanuk Cavern", although Thokantanabar is mentioned in the paragraphs before.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 04:03:46 AM »
Coped from the other thread: Table of Contents section 6.0 Inhabitant is written with a small "i"
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 05:11:04 AM »
Page 97, Introduction "story" regarding Ondoval and Schrek, incomplete sentence/concept: "None knew that the fragile human flesh that was his appearance here was a mask, a powerful shape-change Behind this enchantment hid a grotesque mass of tentacles
writhing out from a putrescent, bloated form which oozed a foul stench and poisonous bile."

Something is missing following "shape change". Looks like a copy/paste error. Or it could simply be missing a period to end the sentence.

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 10:50:53 PM »
Page 125, first sentence (carried over from previous page): "The Whispering Moor was created in TEI 3300 after the great Battle of Vour, the final conflict between Vour and Ansidus.

1) Vour (bolded) should be Naal.
2) The "final conflict" reference isn't entirely accurate according to the timeline; this was indeed the date of the Battle of Vour, but the two nations continued to fight on and off for an additional 2350+ years, until both collapsed due to the environmental devastation starting with the return of the comet in c.5650 TEI. (The Battle of Vour was the final conflict of the wars of c.3300 TEI, however.)

Page 126, first (partial) sentence: "in side" should read "inside".

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 12:21:42 AM »
Page 129, Electric Gun, second paragraph, first sentence: this sentence is closed by parentheses, but there is no corresponding opening "(" anywhere within the sentence.

Page 130, right column, first sentence: "Nandaar" is misspelled as "Nadaar".

Page 133, section 4.3.3, first sentence: "is" misspelled as "it" ("The tower keep it by far...")

Page 134, section 4.4 (subsection - Pillar of Glass & the Rods) third paragraph: a period prematurely ends the first sentence, but it should be a comma. "The user may also send someone holding a Rod of Diffraction Door to their location. where they will remain for up to 1 round/ caster level."

Page 136, entry for Vamaag (35): The last sentence is missing a period at the end.

Page 147, introduction to Part VIII, first paragraph: missing the period to end the last sentence of the paragraph.

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 03:41:46 AM »
Page 25, timeline entry for 1-47-6052: Oan Lyak steals the Raathtruliik from the brothers of Buir Dom. This event actually happens on 1-47-6053, one year later than printed here.

Page 153, section 2.0 Dalla Krem: the last sentence of the second paragraph is missing a period at the end.

Page 167, section 3.0 (Dragonlords): the entry for Voriig Kye is missing a period at the end.

Page 169, section 3.1 (History of the Separated Staff): There is conflicting information regarding the Raathtruliik in the first paragraph. It was given to the Elven brothers of Buir Dom on Vog Mur to watch after, but later there is a (presumably incorrect) reference to it also being given to Nandaar Darian. Contextually it appears that it was in fact the key to the Raathtruliik that was given to Nandaar Darian, although this is also not only unclear, but contradictory (Andraax has all of the keys as late as 6036.)

I have done considerably more research on issues regarding the Faaw Shyraac and it's component parts, I'll post that next.

In this same section as well as two paragraphs later, Nandaar is twice referred to as "the Lyax Khang of the Jerak Ahrenreth". This is redundant; one reference should be removed.

The first paragraph of the right hand column of page 169 (concerning to Elor Once Dark) references the Riig Pronaa and again explains that it is "the bottom half of the Faaw Shyraac". This is also redundant considering that the reference is within a whole section of the module devoted to the history and description of that artifact.

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 04:13:02 AM »
There are several time-sequencing problems regarding who had what parts of the Faaw Shyraac (and it's keys) and when each item passed into someone else's hands (from the timeline, as well as section 3.1, page 169)

(all dates TEI)
1315: Oran Jatar separates the staff and creates the boxes/keys.
 - Oran himself keeps the Riig Pronaa and apparently all three keys.
 - The Raathtruliik is given to the Eleven Brothers of Buir Dom.
 - The Dathmaur Shryak is given to Voriig Kye (this means that two of the pieces are presumably on Vog Mur at this time, although in different vaults.)

3845: Nandaar Darian is killed by Kimul Khama. It is said here that Khama finds the key to the Raathtruliik in Nandaar's possession - but Nandaar shouldn't have have the key at this point. The timeline entry for this event (page 22) confirms that at this point Nandaar allegedly has the blue key, but again - it hadn't been stolen from Oran Jatar yet. This could be explained by a later reference in section 3.1 that Jatar made multiple keys(?) for the artifact's boxes, making it possible that Nadaar may have had the original blue key. This is not made clear anywhere that I can find, and in fact page 169 mentions that each key is "unique", implying that there's only one of each. We have a contradiction.

4199: Khama dies. Page 169 says that he gifts the Riig Pronaa to Kiku Makhala - but he didn't have it at this point, since it wasn't even stolen (by Elor) from Oran Jatar until 4379. The timeline entry for this event (page 22) makes no mention of Khama having possession of the Riig Pronaa at the time of his death. The page 169 reference to the gift of the Riig Pronaa is clearly in error.

4379: Elor Once Dark steals both the Riig Pronaa and the set of three keys from Oran Jatar's vaults. He apparently retains all of these items at his home until 6036.

6036: Elor steals the Raathtruliik from the Brothers of Buir Dom, as well as the Dathmaur Shryak from Voriig. He later throws the Dathmaur Shryak into a lava lake in the Ash Lairs under the Spine of Emer (with it later coming into the possession of the Twins.) When Elor returns home, Andraax erases his memory and takes the Riig Pronaa, ultimately placing it in the tomb of Kimul Khama (who at this point is long since dead already). The passage refers to him possibly "giving away the keys as curiosities". Andraax returns the Raathtruliik to the Brothers of Buir Dom.

6053: (from the timeline on page 27; this is not mentioned in section 3.1/page 169): During the Ahrenreth meeting on 1-45-6053, Schrek reads Voriig's mind and discovers the hiding place of the Raathtruliik, in the possession of the (apparently not very "security-conscious") Elven Brothers of Buir Dom. On 1-47-6053, he sends Oan Lyak to (successfully) steal it. She gives it to Schrek, who obviously knows what's in the box; he in turn gives it to A'Kesh for 'study'. No mention is made whether the box is ever opened by any of Oan Lyak, Schrek, or A'Kesh - indeed, it's said on page 108 (A'Kesh's laboratory) that the Raathtruliik is still "shielded in it's box". Entry 14 says that the box is locked and the key is not with it. It's not even clear whether A'Kesh himself knows exactly what is in the box, not yet anyhow.

As for the location of the keys...the red key is said to be in the possession of Sendar/Sendil with the (empty) box for the Heart of Agoth (but how did the twins get it, if the keys were at Elor's house? Did he take the key with him to throw away with the Dathmaur Shryak in the lava pool??), while the clear laen key "can be located anywhere convenient for the GM to further the plot; it could even be a mysterious gift to a PC." (page 196). The problem is that pesky blue key - who had it, and when? How did Nandaar Darian come into possession of it sometime prior to 3845 if Oran Jatar allegedly has all three keys more than 500 years later?

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 04:30:00 AM »
A couple of missing words from the following I think:

p.13 Andejaan then retires [to] the K’ta’viir facility

p.25 Morphus, the High Priest of Klysus deposed by [the] arrival of the Twins

Offline Vurkanan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 08:52:49 AM »
page 81: (4.3.1 Crystal Technology) …Towards the end of their civilization, the Jinteni were even able [to] ar- tificially create small piezoquartz crystals in a few of the labs. …

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 12:15:04 AM »
There are several time-sequencing problems regarding who had what parts of the Faaw Shyraac (and it's keys) and when each item passed into someone else's hands (from the timeline, as well as section 3.1, page 169)... *snip*

Thanks! My head is hurting (again!) This is so convoluted, that I am going to add a little chart at the end of the adventure part tracking the movement of the parts, for the PDF update/print edition.  To clarify though (and I will add this) there are multiple copies of the laen keys, and a lot of the confusion came where Khama got a key, not the artifact. It'll all be in the update.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:32:55 AM by Terry K. Amthor »
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Vurkanan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
Schrek appears in the tables twice: on pg.94 and again on pg. 96

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 05:15:23 PM »
Table of Contents, Onar, section 2.0, Inhabitants uses a small "i"

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 12:19:17 AM »
Schrek appears in the tables twice: on pg.94 and again on pg. 96

That's intentional - the first entry is Rolemaster Classic/RM2 stats, while the second is RMSS/RMFRP stats. Every NPC is done with both sets of stats.

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 03:54:04 AM »
Page 12, timeline entry for year 500 (SEI): This entry lists Ilmaris Terisonen twice - as one of the original three founding Loremasters, as well as one of the group joining them.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 06:55:30 AM »
p.87 A missing word here I think

But in most cases [there] are metal lock plates on either side

p.88 The text says See Sidebar regarding the Eye of Agoth, but the Eye of Agoth section doesn't look like a sidebar. Perhaps it should be in a different colour?

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »
p.89 In the description of the Core of the House of the Elder Seer it says "As with the House of the Elder Seer,"

In this case I think it should say "As with the House of Agoth,"

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 04:20:25 AM »
Missing words:

p.116 "it will project images on the inside of the glass [of] the spells"

Improper capitalisation:

p.127 "The Trogli Inhabit much of the interior realm of" - should be a lower case "i"
p.169 "Then, in 6036, Elor once Dark" should be an upper case "O" going by the previous mention
p.198 "(As noted elsewhere, Any Fly, Teleport, Telekinesis or similar" - should be a lower case "a" in any

Spelling:

p.183 "The vilalgers will be very protective of it, claiming that it" - should be "villagers"

Grammar:
p.189 "Little did the Empire citizens know" - think it should be "Empire's"

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 02:21:35 AM »
Just FYI, I'll be taking errata for the print edition up till February 16th, then I'll be doing all fixes received by then and prepping the files for printing.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.