Forum > Rolemaster

Interrogation

(1/3) > >>

Justin:
I think I am going to sit down and try to do a bit of standardizing to Interrogation results. Anyone want to let me know how they handle it? The things I am considering are...

* the interviewee's SD
* information complexity(ie, is it a name or background story why manor lord has it out for family X)
* obviousness(if not spotlight'n'pain method)
* fear/pain(if is)
* consequences for revealing information(even if pc's let him go, will he just be hunted and killed by npcs?)
* bribing/gifting
* and the trump card: Is it essential that the players do/do not get this information at this time?
What have I left out? I'll get to failure/successes later.

vroomfogle:
Good idea.    We use Interrogation quite a bit, especially in our last campaign, but I've always winged it.   I would find something like this pretty useful.

markc:
I think you have to include magic techniques and maybe a spell list devoted to the topic. IMO you might be able to write 10 pages on the topic.

MDC

pastaav:
My problem with interrogation is basically that if the prisoner should start revealing stuff is a story design issue. If character X can dupe character Y is a game mechanics question, but if character X can scare character Y into talking is only partly a game mechanics question.

What would be nice would be a "strategic element" to interrogation. Make the players forced to use their cards right if they shall avoid that the target becomes so scared that he start to invent stuff to satisfy the questioner.

Arioch:

--- Quote from: Justin on October 08, 2007, 08:05:32 PM ---What have I left out?

--- End quote ---

The NPC ability to lie? And the PCs ability to perceive lies (for example a succesful Duping maneuver from the NPC could give a penalty to the Interrogation roll, and a succesful Lie Perception maneuver from the PCs a bonus).

--- Quote ---What would be nice would be a "strategic element" to interrogation. Make the players forced to use their cards right if they shall avoid that the target becomes so scared that he start to invent stuff to satisfy the questioner.
--- End quote ---

This is a good idea, but I think that it's more in the "failure/success" field: for example with a Near Success the NPC gives the PC some right information, completing unknown parts with bit of invented infos. [/list]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version