Forum > Rolemaster

Sample RMU creature?

(1/4) > >>

nightchilde:
With the release of the monster books hopefully looming in the near future, I don't suppose it would be possible to get a look at a sample monster actually from one of the books would it?  Like a low-level beastie.  I would just love to see how balanced something would be against a low level PC because in some previous editions the balance felt a bit all over the place.

5th Knight of Xar:
The downloadable test version of CL might have what you are looking for?

Hurin:
There was also a sample image of the stat block posted a while back on Discord, I think... but can't remember if is was blank or had a creature's stats.

nightchilde:

--- Quote from: 5th Knight of Xar on March 14, 2024, 03:35:56 AM ---The downloadable test version of CL might have what you are looking for?

--- End quote ---

Not really.  I know that's floating about. I'd rather see the stats for a final monster....things can change from the test versions and I'd rather see the "real" thing.

pastaav:

--- Quote from: nightchilde on March 13, 2024, 03:48:59 PM ---With the release of the monster books hopefully looming in the near future, I don't suppose it would be possible to get a look at a sample monster actually from one of the books would it?
--- End quote ---

I second that request. The build your own monster templates presented during the beta is hopefully not the current state of things.

--- Quote from: nightchilde on March 13, 2024, 03:48:59 PM ---Like a low-level beastie.  I would just love to see how balanced something would be against a low level PC because in some previous editions the balance felt a bit all over the place.

--- End quote ---

The reason the challenge level of monsters varied independent of level in the previous RM editions is that the the level of monster determined only spell power/resistance and not the challenge level of the monster.

There have never been a RM edition before RMU that tried to equate level with challenge before RMU. Considering the effort D&D has put into challenge levels without really succeeding, the premise of the upcoming Creature Law is bold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version