Forum > RMSS/FRP

Question about Staff Spell.

<< < (4/4)

markc:
I agree with you MariusH on your ruling.
MDC

VladD:
My rule is that any "implement" used to cast or improve spells, does not count towards the no free hands penalty. So staffs, rods and wands used to cast a spell, staffs with bolt bonus, wielded powerpoint multipliers or adder, holy symbols, daily items that are activated are all not filling a hand when used.

Ecthelion:

--- Quote from: MariusH on October 18, 2013, 06:54:08 AM ---One more thing about the Magic Staff: How do you handle "free hands" for SCSM purposes when using a migic staff?

--- End quote ---
For us the staff counts as occupying a hand.

Micael:
Sorry to say that most of the above interpretations are just to good and not raw imo.  The staff list would be a must list for every spell caster who want to cast effective combat spells, because in the first round of combat you otherwise coulnt cast a spell of your level without danger. We are looking to the store spell and there are a lot of different words used. "The caster can store any one spell in his staff. The spell to be stored must be cast immediately after this spell (within 1 minute). The power point cost of this spell is equal to the level of the store spell plus the cost of the spell to be stored. For example, in order to store a 5th level spell in a magic staff using Staff Spell I is equal to 5 (the level of the spell) + 3 (the level of the store spell) = 8. The caster must spend power points to cast the spell that has been stored --------- you have a max. of 6 round (1minute) to prepare and overcast. You have to use the PP twice, once in casting to the staff and again in using it from the staff, because of the last sentence. So no PP for the next day. Therefore you have to roll for spellfailure once during casting into the staff and again when you attack someone with a bar. Even with this interpretation magic staff and the store spel! are the only possibility for a caster to cast a very high level spell in the first round of combat with only a small chance of spell failure and every player use it... Thanks Tarinia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version