Author Topic: Warhammer to RM2/Ex?  (Read 5957 times)

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
Re: Warhammer to RM2/Ex?
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 03:06:12 PM »
How do I go about doing so (make a section) ? Do I just post a new thread? BTW I'm thinking once I finish the basic conversions of WHFRP to RMC/Ex. I think I'll work on developing info for Cathay , Nippon , the Kingdoms of Ind & Araby. Does anyone know of any online sources to these regions of the WH world I can research ?
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

lordmalachdrim

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 10:18:51 PM »
I've got a pretty basic, low end web site but I could host files for you. Also I'd love to see what you've come up with because I'm looking to run WFRP using RMFRP.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 01:12:31 PM »
 Steps I would take to create a new setting.

1) In the fan created worlds section start a new thread.
 2) Post material or provide a link to a website.
 3) regularly post on thread when you have updates
 4) If it becomes popular or you have lots of material ask a mod to sticky the thread at the top of the page. The mod will probably have to get permission from the higher ups on the sticky part.

Good luck and like I said keep us posted.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 01:31:17 PM »
My Mistake ask for a child board to be created for your game world and it should be.

Does that help?
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 04:15:07 PM »
I also just remembered that ICE is now selling web hosting space and that might be an option for you as well to host your own website.

MD
Role Play not Roll Play.

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 02:01:34 PM »
Whoa alot of options..hmm I'll look into all of those when I have more time & ready to post something.Thanx  :D
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »
I've got a pretty basic, low end web site but I could host files for you. Also I'd love to see what you've come up with because I'm looking to run WFRP using RMFRP.

I'll let you know once I have more done for the project, thanx for the offer.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 02:10:33 PM »
I do know it'll include info derived from both 1st & 2nd ed , plus what other sources I have access to. I'll need to convert some classic monsters such as the Fimir & Zoats . oh the Jabberwock too. I was disappointed that they were trimmed from the setting with 2nd ed. I'm also including the Gods of Law (especially Soltan) & Malal (sp?) the other Chaos God prior to the release of Realms of Chaos cut him from the game. I'll also try to include various regional Gods that weren't included or replaced with other Gods in 2nd Ed.

Still need to find any official or unofficial resources on Cathay, Nippon , Araby & Kingdoms of Ind for the setting. So far I got a map from Beastmen of Chaos Armybook that helps on locations.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

lordmalachdrim

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 09:27:35 PM »
The Jabberwock makes a reappearance in Tome of Corruption for 2nd ed.

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 10:12:37 PM »
cool ..I don't have that though..who published that FF or GR?
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

lordmalachdrim

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 06:21:32 AM »
Black Industries (GR). Sadly it's one of the harder to find books, but it has so much useful information (d1,000 mutation table even). If you don't mind PDF (which I despise) you can find all the 2nd ed stuff here http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=4943

Good luck with the conversion, I'm having trouble with fitting RM's magic system in warhammer.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 11:10:11 AM »
Black Industries (GR). Sadly it's one of the harder to find books, but it has so much useful information (d1,000 mutation table even). If you don't mind PDF (which I despise) you can find all the 2nd ed stuff here http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=4943

Good luck with the conversion, I'm having trouble with fitting RM's magic system in warhammer.

I think that is the toughest part as they only go from 1-10. What I might do is have PC's be able to buy 1 spell list per level and have level limits per WHFRP list. Something like 1st 0-2, 2nd 3-4, 3rd 5-6 etc.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2010, 11:11:42 AM »
Is the Tomb of Corruption the 2nd part of the Realms of Chaos? I only picked up the first part as $$$ was tight as I was going to college then.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

lordmalachdrim

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2010, 12:22:54 PM »
Realms of Chaos are WFRP 1st Ed. Tome of Corruption is combination of both books updated to the changes in the setting for WFRP 2nd Ed.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2010, 12:57:53 PM »
 A HA, thanks.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 10:44:04 AM »

Ok thanx LM.. I'll check those out asap. Concerning fitting the RM magic system into WH, you got two choices : 1) Don't , either ignore the RM magic system for the WH one or , 2) use the RM system as is & convert those rules you like in 2nd ed. as house rules. Sure the second choice doesn't play into the Canon 'winds of Chaos/Colour magic' . But it needen't do so, or you can reconfigure the lists to better fit the feel of the world. The Color magic thing didn't really exist in 1st ed , at least in the original book.

I might just try to work up modified base lists for each colored order for members of 'Imperial' wizard orders. But The Imperial Wizards are not the only wizards in the WH setting. You can use the standard system for non-Imperial Wizards/Sorcerers & Witches, & modified lists for the Imperial Wizards. That is what I may end up doing. I'll let you know when I've decided on it.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 10:55:46 AM »

I think that is the toughest part as they only go from 1-10. What I might do is have PC's be able to buy 1 spell list per level and have level limits per WHFRP list. Something like 1st 0-2, 2nd 3-4, 3rd 5-6 etc.

MDC
1 to 10 what ? Spell levels? Hmmm as I mentioned in my most recent post , you can just use the WH rules instead of RM or the other way around. For me I'm just converting the setting & races/monsters to RM , & only adding setting specific rules when they make sense. I'm not trying to convert RM to WH. I want WH flavor , like starting out with a basic career adding extra skills or bonuses. If you are a wizard or Priest initiate but say ended your apprentiseship working as a scribe for your order as part of your duties. Or you are a Fighter but worked as a Sailor or laborer to earn extra pay.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2010, 12:04:02 PM »
  Yes IIRC WH uses spell levels 1-10 but it has been a while since I looked at the rules. They have been packed away since getting new carpet and paint.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

lordmalachdrim

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 07:44:40 AM »
I wouldn't bother converting the magic system of 2nd ed WFRP in full. I'd keep the fluff (about corruption) and look more at the magic of 1st ed (which should be easier to covert).

In my game I'm just eliminating spell lists that don't fit my view of WFRP and using the magic corruption rules from GM Law for RMFRP.

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 10:53:52 AM »
Cool I'll keep that in mind. I've been dealing with other stuff so haven't been able to work on conversions for this lately. Been hanging out with my brother after a LONG time apart. We've been playing Malifaux Skirmish game. I'll get back to my conversions asap.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax