Author Topic: Naguzi and Tough Hide - a Big Mistake?  (Read 10483 times)

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Naguzi and Tough Hide - a Big Mistake?
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 08:58:52 AM »
Would a Nagazi warrior mage use a wand as a focus or his weapon?

Did he make the weapon himself? If himself, then I would say that his weapon could be his focus. ;D

The thing about the Nagazi magic and the wand is that it is a highly personal item. That would have to carry through to the weapon as well. It also means that the Nagazi Warrior Mage would likely turn down a magical sword in favor of his casting focus. He could not use just any weapon, just as he could not use just any wand.....

I'll have to remember to try and negotiate with the rats before we get eaten.
Last Sat night 1 in every 3 rolls was not a fumble, so fighting the rats was fun, climbing the walls was worse.

Have a little common sense...   ;D Rats would be "avoid, if possible", since they are not intelligent enough to negotiate with...

Of course, you could always attempt to negotiate by putting a fire bolt down in front of them (i.e. not actually attacking them) in an effort to convince them to be someplace else by scaring them...

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Darkeen's Battlefield - still going strong.
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 06:04:16 PM »
<Spoiler>

The Giant Rats that Asdohol and crew were fighting are the first combat in Adventure One - I believe that its supposed to be an introduction to combat.

But I have NEVER seen so many fumbles in a row!!
Even spellcasting was a complete shambles! And with the Hit Location in Martial law (4-5 groin/abdomen) it was decided that a 4 was a Groin.
What so many spellcasters are doing electrocuting their groins I have no idea.......
 :D
After the second time you had to laugh - there was nothing else you could do.
The Rats almost beat up the group. It was very close!

Thanks Rasyr. I will print your comments out and explain them to others.
It DOES help to have an understanding of the Race before roleplaying them...
--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer
Author of "The Ruins of Kausur"
http://roleplayingapps.wordpress.com

Offline bunny

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 08:05:29 PM »
With the above in mind, what would others do to balance up the Nagazi?

Hi Jason

I would echo the replies above - it doesnt really matter to me that the races arent all "equal" on some game mechanic measure, the roleplaying limitations are enough (besides, who wants to play a lizard? :p)

Having said that, the Nagazi in my Cyradon campaign have a definite weakness not part of the official canon due to their racial origins. They are much more susceptible to evil corruption/domination - I think this fits in well with the tight controls on magic in their society. On a plot level, my story includes a nagazi recurring villain (typical megalomaniac dark mage, corrupted by subtle influence from "you know who" over the western mountains). When the players (all anias races) get to his homeland to ferret him out, they will need to uncover a secret society within Nagazi culture working to reassert the authority of their old master...

Obviously, the story is irrelevant, the point being I think "susceptible to evil influence" manifesting as RR penalties when cast by "baddies" would be an easily motivated balancing feature, if you feel the need.

Cheers

Offline asdohol

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 10:27:19 AM »
interesting idea i like it ;D

mite have to consider something similar.

oh and jason don't read this post if u do i will have to wipe you're memory ;D
Bretheren of the Hidden Dice Order Member

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Darkeen's Battlefield - still going strong.
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 07:28:12 PM »
memory,... what memory...???

???  ???  ???
--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer
Author of "The Ruins of Kausur"
http://roleplayingapps.wordpress.com