Author Topic: (Spacemaster/Rolemaster 2e hybrid) Cross-system skills cost way too much.  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Endless Rain

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
There is also science fantasy setting for RM2: Dark space. That includes a lot science fantasy rules (more than RMC 6).  It is hard to find though. It is shame that Monte didn't do extra material for that.

Mid 90's I was player in a campaign combining Time Riders, Dark space and Cyber space. Worked very well. My char was Astral Traveller with main element gravity - nobody but GM knew that I was spelluser. Later I was Snee theologist using personal cloaking device (allowing me to look like a huge man) and power sword.
 Those days...

Does it have useful material for other settings? I'm definitely using my own homebrew setting instead of a premade setting, so a lot of the book will be useless to me.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
IIRC, the setting was released under a new name of Chaos Tec or something like that and it as more a Cthulhu in space game using Bio-tech as a main setting hook.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Tommi

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
There is quite a lot to be used in other settings esp. in any sci-fantasy. Monsters are cthulhu type - tech is not.  Generic SM style tech is called hardtech (in the book there are references to SM). Softech is basically advanced biotech

At least following chapters include material for other settings (total of 30 pages)

Chapter 4 character creation: scifi fantasy char creation with interesting char options.
Chapter 6  Hardtech: Implants, Weapons, Armors, Cyberdrugs, misc tech
Chapter 7 Microrgs (micro organism that modify person), Living Grafts (living removable bioimplants like wings), buds (living bioimplants with various powers: weapons, stat mods etc.), Host armour (want to wear a wolf?  - living powered armours with attack abilities), Softech impalants( like microgs but implanted by surgical means), Applicatios (one shot biomods: healing, toxing removal... ), Spores (microscopic organisms sprayed against target (various type bioweapons), programmed creatures (biorobots), sentient creatures (created by means of softech)
Chapter 8 Biocrystals (growable crystals with various applications armours, weapons,.