Author Topic: The Last Session [Funny]  (Read 1537 times)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
The Last Session [Funny]
« on: July 01, 2013, 01:28:09 PM »
OK, so I am posting this here because the game is set in Shadow World, though I am running it using HARP.

The basic set up: The characters are part of a large group (~1800) that have been brought to Kulthea from Tellene (Kalamar - Pekal, specifically) via a Flow Storm and deposited in (my altered) Quellburne in Northern Jamain. (Yeah, yeah, like the novel Stormriders, let's move along folks.)

Their current mission is to investigate the Silver Mine from Kren Talogs map, as the funds it could produce would help the fledgling colony. I enhanced this adventure from the one in the setting-module of Quellbourne, Land of the Silver Mist, but using the new A0: Danger at Darkshelf Quarry pre-quell adventure in the AD&D 1E Classic Reprint of the Slavelords series. (I won't go into detail with the changes as my players might be able to see this...)

Anyway, I thought of 3 methods I they could use to check the place out, once they arrive: 1. Stealth, 2. Overt (just walk up), & 3. Special (invisibility and/or flying, etc.).

Guess which method they used. All of them!  :laugh1:

And instead of any combat, it turned into a sexual encounter for one of the PCs, due to the reaction rolls. The adventure did not so much as take a left turn, so much as swoop around like a balloon loosing air. It sure kept me on my toes - which I like - and generated quite a bit of laughter - which I also like.

So, what are some of your similar stories?
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.