Author Topic: Battle of the Nations  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
Battle of the Nations
« on: May 17, 2013, 12:39:02 PM »
I discovered this recently: fantastic!
http://www.youtube.com/user/battleofthenations?feature=watch

The teams from Russia, Ukraine, Belorus are amazing!

I was surprised at how quickly the mass battles settled. One minute at best, when there are tough fighters. One-on-one fights are really fast too. And everytime it's sooo chaotic. Makes me thinking about RM's 10-second combat round vs HARP 2-second.
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
Re: Battle of the Nations
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 03:09:51 PM »
These battles are fun to watch. The battles are seemingly chaotic, but there is a line up that basically squares off and then it is almost random which fighter wins, who then proceeds to help his comrades.

The rules for these combats are not fully clear to me; but the weapons are very blunt and also probably lighter than they should. The armors are fully functional though and claimed to be produced according to medieval methods.
Game On!

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
Re: Battle of the Nations
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »
The rules for these combats are not fully clear to me...

You hold the blunt end, and hit your opponent with the other end. If that doesn't work, try to get another go.

If you're the one who dies, you're doing it wrong.

8)
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula