Author Topic: Combat tweaks beyond martial law  (Read 843 times)

Offline Zieleniuk

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Combat tweaks beyond martial law
« on: September 06, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »
I really enjoy HARP, and we have been play testing over the past few weeks getting the new changes in, and getting the rule system as a whole down.  I have play MERP, RM, and now HARP.  I have a Fighter, and a Ranger in my group of players, along with a  Cleric and Mage.  Being a fighter, and ranger is kinda boring......  I mean the combat system in all ICE systems is pretty realistic compared to other fantasy games, and i think there in lies the issue.  You have fighters, and rangers, that stand and swing, with no multi attacks, or wait to load, and fire an arrow with no multi shot stuff.  Then enter a mage, and the balance is off.  I think that there needs to be something more in the way of talents for these 2 groups specifically.  I mean don't get me wrong its fun to have a  Dwarven Fighter mowing through things at level 1, but how long will that stay fun, to stand and swing. Will the new Martial Law expand talents into these area for these classes, or some other supplement?  Above all i appreciate ICE staff, and this isn't meant to be a criticism.

Offline Turbs

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Combat tweaks beyond martial law
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:31:11 AM »
martial law (well the older version now) includes a whole swathe of "tactical manouvers" that your melee characters can perform. everthing from holding off opponents to reverse striking and disarming.

The "tacical Manouvers" were tiered and you were only able to use them if you had a certain amount of ranks in your weapon skill.  so as you increase your combat ability you gain access to more and more powerful/exciting/useful manouvers without actually having to buy new skills or feats etc.
The universe is hostile. So impersonal. Devour to survive; So it is; So it's always been.  ~Tool; Vicarious~