Author Topic: HARP: Character Generator Software Application  (Read 11213 times)

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: HARP: Character Generator Software Application
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2011, 08:07:07 PM »
I am sorry for your pain.  I won't give you the usual platitudes about being given challenges in this life, you know them all and we find thin solace in canned words.  I wish you strength to endure, and hold you in my prayers (well, strictly speaking, I am a Buddhist so don't pray, but the principle applies). 

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »
Thanks. Things are getting better. There is now a possible road towards the future. This future "might", "might" allow me to return to this, to at least finish this version of the program. Right now.. too much other work to do. So it will definitely be a while. There is a strong possibility that I might have time to return to AutoHARP this winter. So I won't say this software is dead in the water.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2011, 07:03:27 AM »
******************************************UPDATE**********************************

Okaaaaaaaay. Well, it's been close to 7th months and I know that it's been a while since any updates. I apologize for that but when life threw me lemons I stood there stunned that someone is throwing lemons at me. Oh well. I'm now enjoying the lemonade that I have finally made and life is getting back to some kind of normalcy here. I'm still in Rome studying but I have found my interest in continuing this project back again.

Here is the million dollar question. It's been 6 months and I see an Android app has been made and I think there are several other apps getting made. So is there still any interest in this application?

Again, this is an Open Source, cross platform application for a Harp Character Sheet Manager. It will create a character sheet and allow you to edit that sheet with some fine detailing. The database is an XML database that is fully customizable. You can add more fields to each xml file, or a whole new book or a whole new database for that matter. I have two: Harp and Middle Earth. I have things back exactly where I left off in May and can have a release for AutoHarp soon if there is interest. I still need to work out the details when it comes to the database as it contains copyright material.

My sig is a bit out of date. The first link I don't think exists anymore. But the blog is still there and the last entry does correspond to where I am at right now and the screenshots are more the less the same.

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Darkeen's Battlefield - still going strong.
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2011, 08:08:19 AM »
Hi,

I was looking forward to this getting complete, but when I got my Samsung Galaxy Tablet on March (my bday) I decided to try to use it instead - its a lot easier to carry that then a laptop, and Ive got my harp pdf's on it too...

Sorry.  :'(

PS: That said, Id still like to see it completed. It might encourage me to use it instead! And unlike middle earth, there is not one app to rule them all!
--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer
Author of "The Ruins of Kausur"
http://roleplayingapps.wordpress.com

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 10:52:23 PM »
Have a small update on my blog with some screenshots. Link is found in my signature.  8)