Author Topic: Shadow World Press Release from the Guild  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Shadow World Press Release from the Guild
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:42:50 PM »
Shadow World joins the New World Order at Guild Companion Publications Ltd

(Charlottesville, Virginia USA and Cambridge, England: 15th August 2010)

Aurigas Aldebaron LLC, Mjolnir LLC dba Iron Crown Enterprises, and Guild Companion Publications Limited are pleased to announce that they have agreed in principle that the entirety of the Shadow World product line will be transferred from Mjolnir LLC to Guild Companion Publications Limited, who will be responsible for the publication of all existing and all future Shadow World materials.

Terry Amthor, creator of the Shadow World setting, said “I have really enjoyed working with Nicholas at Guild Companion Publications Limited on scenarios for the Guild Adventurer series and on my recent sourcebook, The Land of Xa-ar and Northern Saralis. These experiences convinced me that the time was right to move Shadow World officially to a new home. I approached Aurigas Aldebaron LLC and they were in complete agreement with me. Nicholas and I have  discussed many future projects that we can and will be doing together. As far as I am concerned, this is the best thing to happen to Shadow World since I was publishing as Eidolon Studios – and this time, I don't have to spend my weekends printing the books myself!”

Nicholas HM Caldwell, Director of Guild Companion Publications Ltd, said: “This IP transition makes de jure the de facto state of affairs that has been the case for several years now; most importantly, it means that we can give Terry free rein to develop Shadow World in the breadth and depth that it deserves. It also means that we will be able to solicit Shadow World submissions from fans, and once they have been vetted by Terry for adherence to the evolving and growing canon of material, publish those as additional material. As part of our commitment to supporting both major versions of Rolemaster (RM2/Classic and RMSS/FRP), all future Shadow World products will be dual-statted, and we will be adding RMSS/FRP material to existing products as quickly as we can as part of the reformatting process to make them suitable for our print-on-demand service”

The first new Shadow World product from Guild Companion Publications Ltd will be The Shadow World Player's Guide – The World”. This will be followed in due course by “Eyes of Stone”, an adventure set in Emer to be published in the fourth issue of The Guild Adventurer, and Terry's next regional sourcebook, Emer III: The Southeast. Look for more details on upcoming Shadow World projects and how Shadow World fans can become involved in the new world order for Kulthea on the Guild Companion and ICE forums.

About Shadow World
A planet hangs on the threshold between Order and Chaos, a focus of strange powers and portals to alien dimensions. Sorcery clashes with ancient technology while capricious deities make war and the Dragonlords walk as men. Against them all rises the Unlife, a force whose dark servants seek the destruction of all that lives...

This is the Shadow World, a complete high-fantasy setting for Rolemaster originally created by Terry Amthor by the 1980s and developed further primarily by him ever since.

Shadow World is a registered trademark of Terry Kevin Amthor.

About Guild Companion Publications Limited
Guild Companion Publications Limited is the commercial arm of the Guild Companion magazine (www.guildcompanion.com) and publishes HARP SF and now Shadow World products under direct license from Aurigas Aldebaron LLC and Rolemaster, HARP, and Spacemaster products under license from Mjolnir LLC dba Iron Crown Enterprises and Aurigas Aldebaron LLC. Its commercial products are available on http://guild.ironcrown.com, www.rpgnow.com and www.yourgamesnow.com

Guild Companion Publications Limited is a private limited company registered in England and Wales under No 7094505. Registered office: 77 Speedwell Close, Cambridge, CB1 9YS.

About Aurigas Aldebaron LLC and Iron Crown Enterprises
Originally founded in 1980, Iron Crown Enterprises produced and sold worldwide a variety of highly-successful original fantasy and science fiction role playing and table-top games. In December 2001 Aurigas Aldebaron, LLC purchased the corporate assets and licensed Mjolnir LLC dba Iron Crown Enterprises to continue the tradition of creating highly sought-after adventure games. ICE's current game lines includes Rolemaster Fantasy Role Playing, Spacemaster Science Fiction RPG, HARP, and the Silent Death table-top miniatures game.