Author Topic: Character Creation Photos  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
Character Creation Photos
« on: August 15, 2010, 07:41:44 AM »
During a character creation session I was a bit unoccupied so I took a couple of pictures of the players creating their characters.

Soon it's time for some Privateers mayhem! The plan is that they start out as a group that wanna get into the Privateer business, but first they have to get their hands on a starship so they have taken jobs as Trade Pioneers looking for new trading opportunities. Their first adventure will be a converted GURPS Traveller adventure called Flare Star that you can get for free from e23.

The adventure can be downloaded for free: http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG37-1150

When we have run the adventure I will probably upload the convertion notes to the vault if anyone want them.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:48:11 AM by Chorpa »

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Character Creation Photos
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 07:44:02 AM »
OK, so this is what I take away from the photos:

I didn't know there was a Hardback Privateers book!! I want one!!
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 08:34:25 AM »
Nice! Makes me want to move to Sweden.

MDC

BTW as you have found out Traveller adventures are great for SM:P. 
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 08:54:14 AM »
Yeah! Traveller adventures are usually very generic so they are very easy to convert. I basicly just have replaced the NPCs and Equipment with Spacemaster equvivalent. In this case I had to decide if it was appropiate to introduce a new race/lifeform into the Spacemaster universe, but I figured it would only add to the awe of finding a new lifeform and that it would not disturb the official Privateers universe to much.

I can always have them be exterminated by the Jeronan Empire in the next adventure. Moahahaha!

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but I was wondering where you got the hardback SM:P book. (I was serious when I said I wanted one.)
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 01:28:38 PM »
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but I was wondering where you got the hardback SM:P book. (I was serious when I said I wanted one.)

We used to sell them, but IIRC, we stopped because of too many quality issues with the case-wrap covers. I would have to double-check with Bruce to be positive, but I am fairly sure that it was due to print quality issues.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »
It is not my books one of the other players had those. I myself only have the regular softcovers.
But I am pretty sure he got them from a Scratch and Dent sale. Haven't seen them available in the Shop for a long time now so I guess they are not available as Rasyr says.

Personally I take Hardcover over Softcover and Cothbound any day. There is something with getting a sturdy book and still have the cover art that I like.

Offline ICEBruce

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »
I have a few 4500 hardbounds in the back I think. Will look tomorrow

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 05:59:25 PM »
I have a few 4500 hardbounds in the back I think. Will look tomorrow

Cool, I will cross my fingers.