Forum > RMSS/FRP

malus for related weapon

(1/1)

Luxferre:
hi everybody,

we are playing RMFRP and the question is, what is my OB for a shortsword (no ranks in specific weapon, but raks in group) if I have ranks in falchion?
Is falchion related?
Couldnt find any rules on that ... :(

THX!
Lux

netbat:
In RMFRP/RMSS the category bonus is intended to handle the similar skill issue. Not sure where it is in the FRP book, but in RMSS it is 6.1 :
Skill Bonus =Skill Rank Bonus + Skill Category Rank Bonus + Stat Bonuses + Profession Bonus + Item Bonus + Special Bonuses, where for short sword with no ranks the skill rank bonus is -15(from table 2-2). The falchion ranks don't matter, it is the one-handed edged category ranks that help you out.

Luxferre:
THX! Thats the way, we handled it. But my friend was sure, that one could use "similar weapons" with a discounted malus ...

netbat:

--- Quote from: Luxferre on April 29, 2023, 01:09:12 PM ---But my friend was sure, that one could use "similar weapons" with a discounted malus ...

--- End quote ---
Yeah, that was RM2 and one of the companions. It can be difficult to remember which rule came from where when you have played enough versions and house rules.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version