Author Topic: Spacemaster Privateer and "Gamemaster Manual", "Privateers: The ISC" and "Privat  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Nimbul666

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
i own the product "Spacemaster Privateers" and like it very much. In the book there is a note about the other spacemaster products, inkluding "Gamemaster Manual", "Privateers: The ISC" and "Privateers: The Jeronan Empire" but i cant find them at any store.

Can you help me?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
i own the product "Spacemaster Privateers" and like it very much. In the book there is a note about the other spacemaster products, inkluding "Gamemaster Manual", "Privateers: The ISC" and "Privateers: The Jeronan Empire" but i cant find them at any store.

Can you help me?

Most of the planed material for the GM Law was released as the Space Master Data Nets. The other two books have never been printed or worked up as far as I know.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Nimbul666

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
are there any plans for new Rolemaster/Spacemaster products? It doesnt seem so, do it?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
are there any plans for new Rolemaster/Spacemaster products? It doesnt seem so, do it?
I just volunteer as a mod so I do not know what is going on behind the scenes but I have not heard of any new SM stuff in the pipe line.
 I am working on some stuff but it is a long way from being done.

Anyway I generally use the SM:P line to run other universes or create my own as I go. So run Star Wars with SM:P, Dune, Shadow Run, etc. To me the possibilities are endless and being a d100 system it generally is not hard to convert special rules if you need to.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Nimbul666

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I Think the Traveller Universe is a good choice, because its very similiar to the SM:P Setting.

Vargr = Tulgar
Aslan = Falar

Zhodani use Psychic

and so on :)

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Mind you Tulgar are big and noble and Vargr are small and cringing back biters.

The Falar are vicious bastards while the Aslan are noble and high minded but still vicious.

The numbers don't really match up.  Traveller's races are generally a little lower key and SPAM:P's are  a little more high action and over the top.

I had some notes for one of my own setting's races on the Guild Companion's site in March of 2004 or there abouts.

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Ah there they are:

http://www.guildcompanion.com/scrolls/2003/mar/tcgraces.html

2003 as it happens.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
It seems this topic comes up about every couple months or so.  Can we have a sticky?
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
I stickied it - and will followup on the sticky in 30 days and check the # of reads. It is at 111 right now. If it does not continue to show read increases, I'll remove the sticky.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
Only problem with that approach is that people like me ho only ever read "threads with recent posts" will not see such a time out ...

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
If it is not being referred to regularly than it need not be stickied - people can always search for the info, otherwise every thread would be stickied.

I'll take into account the initial views from these posts, but 112 posts in multiple years is difficult to justify a sticky with.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Elton Robb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Master of Atlantis
    • The Atlantis Blog
That's certainly true.
Personal Web Portfolio:
http://eltonatlantean.wix.com/portfolio
Deviant Art: http://atlantean6.deviantart.com/
Renderosity: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=561541