Author Topic: Character questionnaires  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Chris Seal

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +200/-200
Character questionnaires
« on: July 29, 2009, 05:54:16 PM »
Hi all,

I'm in the planning stage of a RMFRP campaign for a group who have been playing D&D. One issue I foresee is with character creation as the sheer diversity of skills to choose from is intimidating. To counter this, I was thinking of providing my players with some form of questionnaire to help guide them with skill selection and wondered:
a.) If anyone else had done something similar and was it successful, and
b.) If so do they have a copy of the questionnaire that they used and are willing to allow me to use.

Cheers
Chris

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Character questionnaires
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:56:47 PM »
No I have not.

But what you can do is provide some skills that IYO the various PC's should have at every level and then let them spend the extra DP on stuff they want to. Also for first timers IMO it works best if you can do a one on one PC gen for each of them and then allow them to change there PC for the next 3 games if they are unhappy. Just keep a copy of their stats and stat gain roll sat each level so they do not have to deal with that and can just spend DP.
 Also for spell casters you might want to talk to them about spells and some secondary skills they might want to learn.

In general I have found that RM PC's are about 1/2 level compared to the power of D&D so if they get excited about playing a 5th level PC in D&D since they get fireball they can be bummed when they get to 5th level in RM and not have fireball.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.