Author Topic: Rouge / Thief Special Equipment  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Ido Tamir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rouge / Thief Special Equipment
« on: May 03, 2009, 02:01:17 PM »
Hi,

Any place where I can look for special equipment lists for Rouges / Thieves?
If there is no such list, how much do you think a vial of acid which melts door / window hinges should cost?

Thanks

giulio.trimarco

Re: Rouge / Thief Special Equipment
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:27:41 AM »
I think that this is modern equipment or SF.

As I see it such acid should be alchemical. A magic item.
You should create it following the magic item creation rules for potions (there are?).

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 01:48:11 AM »
I think such acid is really Sci-fi. A problem with having such in the game is to determine what the acid will do as weapon and similar. The players are bound to start creative use of it sooner or later.

Giulios idea to create it like a magic potion is probably the best solution. This approach gives it a consistent price with everything else, you can dodge the question how medieval society can produce acids and you can make the vial limited only to its intended use (the magic does not trigger if the potion is used in other circumstances).
/Pa Staav

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 03:05:58 AM »
 IMO about acid if it is not found at a natural source it would require a Alchemist to create. So as people said above it should be treated as a "magical" potion. For the effect I would require the PC or PC's to bring me the GM info about the acid and on what it could do, how it is made and natural sources. This takes the pressure off me as the GM to find stuff out and gives me some time to read the info and look at the rules. Also it is nice to have the players do a little work outside the game in stead of me the GM doing all the game work.
 There are natural sources acids and bases but often they are in small quantities and have to be gathered or milked like venom would be.

BTW, there are also acid crits in Shadow World Master Atlas and may be in the downloads section as extra tables PDF.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:43:11 AM »
Something like Aqua fortis (Nitric Acid) or Aqua Regia is probably what your thief wants. It was used by smiths to make carving on metal objects (like swords or armors), so I think it shouldn't be too hard to find in a fantasy world (I would make it cost 8-10sp each vial).
It would probably not dissolve completely locks but will make them weaker and easier to break.
If you prefer official pricing:the ...And a 10 Foot Pole manual has prices for equipment (including acid) in all ages.
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline Ido Tamir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »
If you prefer official pricing:the ...And a 10 Foot Pole manual has prices for equipment (including acid) in all ages.

Exactly what I needed - thanks Arioch!