Author Topic: Rolemaster via Skype/Teamspeak  (Read 3067 times)

Offline McMortison

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rolemaster via Skype/Teamspeak
« on: April 25, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »
Hi!

As i posted this befor without any result, i will do so here once agine. Im looking for players willing to play Rolemaster over the internet by using TS or Skype and Fantasy Grounds  (or a other similar -free of charge- programm).

Finding players here in Switzerland is hell, so this seems to be the only why for me to maintain my hobby.  ;D

I dont have a ruleset for FG, but i guess we could somehow improvise to play the game.

So if u like to give it a shot, feel free to PM me. My timezone is GMT +2 (Switzerland), my english should be good enougt to GM or participate in a Game.

Thanks
McMortison aka Sven

Offline Tolen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster via Skype/Teamspeak
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 08:44:36 AM »
If this is still going, I have a couple of questions for you.  If not, disregard this post altogether.

First, what day do you intend to play?  The time difference isn't completely insurmountable (I'm in the US), but the day may be.

Second, what edition do you use?  I prefer RMSS/FRP.

I have Skype, but would prefer a truly free virtual tabletop, like OpenRPG or Maptools, which are both quite capable programs, no licenses needed (for anyone).  OpenRPG I admit doesnt have the fancy GUI, but the coding you can do in the character sheet nodes is extremly flexible (once you learn how).
I'm in Southern Illinois.
No, further than that...
Try South of Mt. Vernon, where Southern Illinois really begins.

Offline kfoelsch

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 09:44:06 AM »
I'd be interested in doing this...  I've heard that other people have managed similar feats... any tips on technology, managing these types of campaigns, etc?

Offline McMortison

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 02:20:10 PM »
Hi and sorry for this later answer. I just returnd from Greece 2 days ago.

*the day will depend on the players. Due to the time difference i would sugest saturday or sunday (after all, i guess we all have to work under the week)

*playtime will be 4 till 5 houres per season

*im using the german version of RMSS/FRP, and im sure there are skill lists in the net so i can look them up to see what is what.

*openRPG, Maptools or PnP will be used for rolling "dice" and drawing maps, skype/teamspeak is for communications. Ive u all prefer a "chat-only" game, we can give it a try.

*Ive possible everyone should created his charakter by his own. I only would like to have a copy sent to me by e-mail so can have a look at them (and for awareness-rolles ;-))

Sven

Offline Tolen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 09:50:53 PM »
sounds good, depending on eventual day/time.  However, I work weekends.  if it were to be saturdays or sundays, it would have to be late, after 8 pm Central Standard Time (GMT -6).

I have openRPG, maptools and skype.

Creating a character won't be a problem.  Save for deciding which character I'd like to play...*scratches his head*
No, further than that...

Offline kfoelsch

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 01:24:59 AM »
This might be an obvious question... but will the game be in German or English?  Unfortunately, I don't think my German is good enough to play... and my girlfriend doesn't speak German at all...

Another question would be... do you have any general description of the campaign?  Theme?  Objectives?  Setting?  etc.

:)

Offline mibsweden

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 03:21:27 AM »
@Kfoelsch:

... my english should be good enougt to GM or participate in a Game.

GM'ing RM since 1984

Offline McMortison

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 09:39:55 AM »

Another question would be... do you have any general description of the campaign?  Theme?  Objectives?  Setting?  etc.

Campain: most of my adventures/quests are "homebrew". I rarly use any bought adventures.

Theme: Fantasy  ;D

Objectives: Will depend on the Quests  ;). I will use the backgrounds of the players to form adventures and quests. After all, the backgrounds are the main reason why the characters are going thru the world. Some may seek revenge, some may seek personal gain (money, wisdome...). Not every adventure/quest will be build around the backgrounds, but 25% till 50% for sure. The background will nearly always provide a reason for the players to be at a pertikular place (even if they are only moving thru somewere)

Settings: Will take place in a modified Middelearth. It will look the same, but I will not use all the timelines or all the background of it. I dont like to be too bound the a perticular background.

Sven

Offline Tolen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 08:45:06 AM »
So if this gets off the ground (and I'd hope to get more than two interested players), are there any restrictions to race/profession or rulebooks we would need to know about?  I don't for example care if we use the martial arts companion or combat companion, but i like some of the things from the arcane companion and construct companion. 

I have all of the older RMSS books, so that's the version I'll use to make my character, including Talent Law as opposed to Character Law.
No, further than that...

Offline McMortison

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 07:28:53 AM »
As long as the characters fit in a group, wouldnt say there any limits. I dont mind having Orks or Half-Orks in a group.

I will use the optional spell rules found in the (german) character law (i would guess they are in the english edition as well), which means casting spells will have a posibility of attracting "unplesant" visitors :-).

Anyone who would like to give this group a try, feel free to PM so I can add u to the "list"!

00.)*****PLAYER********CHARACTER*******
00.)==================================
01.)

Offline Tolen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 06:54:50 PM »
My biggest concern is the eight hour time difference between us.  8 pm for me is 4 am for you.  I could get away with something on wednesday or thursday.  In that case, 8 pm for you is noon for me.

So somehow I think I'll not be able to play =(
No, further than that...

Offline McMortison

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 11:14:47 AM »

00.)*****PLAYER*****************CHARACTER*****************
00.)=====================================================
01.)Tolen                         dwarven fighter (may change to a spellcaster)
02.)