Author Topic: WP Progression  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
WP Progression
« on: March 16, 2009, 02:33:38 PM »
This is partly taken from this post http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=595.0

Where Dark Schneider discuss a more linear progression, and I must admit I can see some good points in doing it differently. As it is now, it seems after the first ten ranks there is little gain from using more DPs on that skill.

That coupled with the fact that I like high levels to be well better at what they do without resorting to high level magic. With that in mind, I like a high level fighter to be able to affort to parry more than one opponent while still having OB to make a good attack.

So been thinking to introduce higher progression but only with regards to combat skills: -15/5/4/3/2/1, which gives about 75 more in OB than before if you have 40 ranks (40 ranks gives +65 now in RMFRP).

IMO there isn?t enough of a difference in the skill level of a high level as in a low level.
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
Re: WP Progression
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »
No problem with that, since parrying makes attacks an opposed skill, but you will need to revise all the animal and monster stats you use to keep things in balance. Well, it also nerfs Adrenal Defense just a bit, but in many campaigns, that might be considered a good thing.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »
Well, it also nerfs Adrenal Defense just a bit, but in many campaigns, that might be considered a good thing.

True :D

Re: Monsters, Yep but don?t regard that the biggest problem as I don?t have to show anyone my changes so can kinda do it on the fly. Maybe start out with an small increase in OB/DB. See how it goes.
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 07:01:45 PM »
 You also could make the Weapon progresion change cost talent points or background options. In this way the PC can target specific areas they want and leave the others as is.
 You could also have this be a ability that the PC could buy at specific ranks in the skill and charge DP for it. So lets say at 5th rank you allow them to buy up the cost of ranks 1-10 for 10 DP.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.