Author Topic: RMC Gift Law ETA?  (Read 2680 times)

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RMC Gift Law ETA?
« on: September 22, 2008, 09:09:55 AM »
Are you guys still working on the Gift Law idea or have you decided to scrap the entire concept?
If it's still alive and moving along, what's the eta?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMC Gift Law ETA?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 09:13:51 AM »
It was put on the back burner until Heike and I have to time to rethink some of the core concepts for it.

It is a book that ICE is still fully planning on doing.

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 10:35:52 AM »
Ok, thanks.
I guess it's we'll manage the old fashioned way for now.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:40:05 AM »
When RM Cyradon is released, it will include Gifts/Talents (about 40 of them).

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 10:45:08 AM »
Oh, the gifts/talents never were a problem.
The unified system for aquiring the gifts during play sounds like a good add on though.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 11:00:18 AM »
it is basically broken down into 2 types of gifts - Trainable and not. If a Gift is Trainable, then you can pay DP for it and learn it whenever you go up a level (within the limits of the Gift's description). No GM intervention required.

If it is not Trainable, then the GM has to give permission and work a method of acquisition into the storyline. However, the player still has to pay the DP for it anyhow.

This way, it allows for a variety of GM styles from stricter to more lenient, and still give the player some choice in the situation.

For RM Cyradon, what we are doing is giving a starting character 100 DPs to create their character (after which they will be 1st level). 40 for each level (adolescent and first) and 20 for Gifts, but allowing the player to spend the point how they will.

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 11:02:43 AM »
boggle

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 11:18:30 AM »
Cool :)
Me happy... that sounds like a nice solution.

We've gone ahead and come up with a homebrew kind of solution. Everyone get a free pick from the old RoCoI talents (GM Discretion) and then we worry about the level up later on. The way we figure it... it'll be a while before the pc's become heroes. ;)

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 04:52:51 PM »
Just a side question. For RM Cyradon do you need to buy the original Harp version or just the RM one
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 04:58:37 PM »
Just a side question. For RM Cyradon do you need to buy the original Harp version or just the RM one

RM Cyradon will be a standalone book. Rules and setting in one. (think of it as a combo of RMX (modified for Cyradon) and the setting info from the HARP Cyradon.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 05:01:28 PM »
I am dying to know how you are going to implement the different styles of magic without changing the RM Classic rules too much. (e.g. Rhona Grammarye, etc...)
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Dax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 05:10:09 PM »
I am dying to know how you are going to implement the different styles of magic without changing the RM Classic rules too much. (e.g. Rhona Grammarye, etc...)

Hope you will be alive enough to buy it.
At least add it to your last will !  ;)
R.I.P.    rpgrm.com

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 05:27:32 PM »
well I have been buying all the RMC products so far as well as the EAs so I will purchases the PDF version at least ...
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 06:21:44 PM »

Oh, that is the easy part.....  ;D

You have EA #9 already. The Priest, Mage and Mentat are all in RM Cyradon (and none of the other Pure or Hyrbid magic using professions will be in the Cyradon book), and there will be a Folio for Mages for each "Tradition" and Folios for Mentats for each "Tradition".

So... A Drei could be either a Mage or a Mentat (and they get to select Base Lists from different Folios).

Then the Drei also have have their "bag of spell components" and if  they don't have it, then they have to pay more PP to cast just like it currently says...

The hard part is determining what the Folios will be for each "Tradition" since we have to create 2 for each (one Mage Folio, one Mentat Folio).