Author Topic: Psionics  (Read 4217 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Psionics
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 03:03:18 AM »
 You can start a series of threads if you want or a new one with a list of Q's.

I think that a PSI device or talent that reduced the % activity would change the game a lot. Now it may change it in a good way depending on your game world but also it could make Psi's very powerful.

I also think that an expanded talent list for Psi's may be a very good thing. Each talent might modify the Psi skill use in some way. If you are running a Psi magic campaing or a all Psi campaing I think these would really add a lot of flavor to the game.

I also like the idea of maintaining more than 1 Psi power at a time. So the PC could boost more than one stat at a time. Maybe after 15 ranks in the skill you have an option of maintaing a two stat boost with mods. IMO there are lots of good areas to play around in for a game world but the trouble is balancing them all out so as to not have one element be more powerful than another.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Jachra

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 03:08:34 AM »
A) You can already maintain more than one power at once.
B) I'm mostly concerned about the MP cost of maintainence, if need be it could be limited by the fact that you still need activity to maintain it.

Heck, might as well start a new topic, I've already got questions..

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 03:46:36 PM »
 I think it is an option to be able to maintain more than 1 power at a time. I could be wrong but i am fairly sure that you cannot cast a Psi power while maintaining another. In one of the books it does have options about maintaining more than 1 power or casting more than one power.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.