Author Topic: How to make SM:P Better?  (Read 4978 times)

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: How to make SM:P Better?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 10:57:01 PM »
HELL YEAH!

On the vehicle combat end croakerdogboy we were discussing it a while back and decided that the best thing to do would be to treat vehicles under 10 tonnes as "Light Vehicles" and allow them to be attacked by personal weapons with a mk# equal to their aperture energy (BE, PE, LE...) but doing 1/100ths of a point of damage for both the damage tables and crits.  If you didn't want to use decimal points you could just multiply the vehicle's hits by 100 and multiply vehicular weapon damage by 100 as well.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 11:52:47 PM »
I don't know if it was covered as I am unable to read the entire list right now, but I would say: Change the setting back to the original one, updated of course. I do not like the current setting and all the animal-people sort of put me off (sort of got out of that phase in the mid-90's  ;D).
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 12:17:59 AM »
RandalThor,
 I am fairly sure that the SM2 setting is owned by someone else, but if ICE does seomthing like it I do think it will sell well. Or at least I hope it sells well so I can get all the pieces I need for a game.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline DJRJ_AU

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Lost & Confused...
    • Surviving Suburbia
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 06:55:04 PM »
Change the setting back to the original one, updated of course. I do not like the current setting and all the animal-people sort of put me off (sort of got out of that phase in the mid-90's  ;D).

Just because the rules are there doesn't mean that you have to use them...  I've been thinking that the SM:P ruleset with something like the setting (human dominated but sorta Balkanised) from Traveller 2300 would be A Good Thing(tm), and should be pursued. :)

But that's just me...

Doug

Offline Dark Mistress

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »
Well additional setting books wouldn't be a bad idea to add variety.
Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty.

- Benjamin Franklin