Author Topic: Hyperion  (Read 4705 times)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Hyperion
« on: January 17, 2008, 01:43:09 AM »
OK, I remember something mentioning the planet Hyperion in the information on the SM2 universe, but cannot remember what it said - or any other detail about the planet (as it pertains to the SM2 universe). Any help would be appreciated.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Hyperion
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 04:32:49 AM »
 Do you know what book it might be in? Or what books you have so I can see if I have something you do not? I did a PDF search in the 3 main SM2 books and it did not find any match so I have nothing.

Is this the world that Shadow World it set on? If so you might also want to ask this Q in the Shadow World section.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 04:41:13 AM »
No, it is not Shadow World (that is Kulthea/Ceryl II). I think I get the reference from the main SM2 book (I have the big/compiled book) and one of the campaign modules - I think "Lost Telepaths of House Kashmere." Not sure as I  unable to look at it now (ssshhh, I am at work.......... ;)).
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 06:26:53 AM »
I *Think* Hyperion is where the League of Merchants have the old K'Ta'Viir Space Station which they use as their base of operations ... along with a K'Ta'Viir as one of the heads of their order.

Offline Zwilnik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ahrenreth fanboy
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 08:21:20 AM »
IIRC, Hyperion was either an Imperial world or a planet administrated by House Devon. At least it was close to Devonians. It seemed to be the default starting world of SM2 adventures, housing all sorts of freelancers, low-lifes, and Emerich Rach (?) who was an influential broker (and later turned into a member of LoM).

My one and only attempt to use Rach as a NPC ended in a horrible misunderstanding when a player character attempted to blast him into ashes. It was a cloak-and-dagger scenario which had a little too much cloak and too little dagger for that player.

House Devon campaign module (made for SM1) might have more details (can't remember), and Hyperion was probably mentioned in every other module.
-- Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow your GM may finally start enforcing encumbrance and fatigue rules.

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 10:55:24 AM »
Ah - yes, that's the one; now that you say it ...

Definitely in the back of the House Devon module

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 01:42:48 PM »
Thank you, I will look there.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »
 If you have not found it you might try Dark Space also. I just thought of it do to reading another thread.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 02:13:00 AM »
I did find it in the House Devon campaign module. It is too much of an "adventurer's" world for my tastes. Oh well, I am switching to having the Kashmere Commonwealth be the house of origin for one of the characters. I really like what they did there (and would go into more detail as to what I am doing with the background but one of the players might surf these boards and I like to keep secrets  :evil1:).

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 05:06:26 AM »
I did find it in the House Devon campaign module. It is too much of an "adventurer's" world for my tastes. Oh well, I am switching to having the Kashmere Commonwealth be the house of origin for one of the characters. I really like what they did there (and would go into more detail as to what I am doing with the background but one of the players might surf these boards and I like to keep secrets  :evil1:).

I understand compleatly!
MDC
Edit:
 What you said above is why I tried not to go into too much detail in the GM section about planitary systems recovery.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.