Author Topic: Firefly/Serenity setting?  (Read 3375 times)

Offline shnar

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Firefly/Serenity setting?
« on: October 24, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »
Anyone ported SM (either 2 or SPaM) to the Firefly/Serenity setting? I'm thinking about starting a SM campaign (probably 2) in that setting, but if someone's already done some ground work, would save me a lot of time.

-shnar

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Firefly/Serenity setting?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 11:18:43 AM »
Well if its setting material you are looking for, there is a settingbook already made. Its for a different system though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_(role-playing_game)

Its the wiki (could only post one working link) about the rpg but you can find the other links there.
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline shnar

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
I don't necessarily mean general info, got lots of resources for that. I mean more specifics in relation to SM, like weaponry, psionics, bgoptions, etc.

-shnar

Togaras

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 05:45:40 AM »
I had a discussion about SpaceMaster and Serenity some month ago. We agreed both, that it would be an interessting thing to play Serenity-setting with SM rules, because the system looks really weird. On the other side, I never played with the Serenity system and got some infos from a one-shot-team, about their feelings with the system.

finally I believe it would not be so hard to transform the setting into SM rules, but there will be one thing missing: The story-point-system of Serenity. Firefly/Serenity has its own kind of jokes, and I think it will be hard to play with them in a pure SM environment.

So I would like to give it a try, but I am not shure if it is the right way.
And finally you are right, shnar, the complete tech-setting has to be described.

Ramoran

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 10:59:17 AM »
My advice is to grab the Serenity/Firefly book (there's only one, which contains all the necessary rules) from your local book store and just come up with a way to port the setting into Spacemaster.  I'd suggest enlisting the help of a good game master.  I'd be willing to help, but I haven't actually picked up any of the Spacemaster books yet.  I can shoot you a pm once I do, though.  I've never actually run Spacemaster, but I've been playing under a really good GM for several months.  Also, I'm a pretty good game master and am pretty good at translating stories and settings into game scenarios.  You'd probably be better off just grabbing a game master you actually know and asking for help, though.  Even if you're a game master yourself, collaboration might breed better results.  If you want any rudimentary tips on setting translation, pm me.