Author Topic: SM:P TechLevel for old SM Setting?  (Read 3657 times)

Togaras

SM:P TechLevel for old SM Setting?
« on: September 14, 2007, 01:40:13 PM »
Hello,
I am wondering what types of TechLevels the old setting of SM (SilentDeath) has, when playing with SM:P rules. I dont have any of the old rule books only some of the adventures I could get. The old setting looks quite nice to me, since the teddybears and hairy oorts are heavy to deal with for me, except when firing a assault blaster on them ;)

Since they most communicate with Tachyon, I believe they are some where between 20 and 23.
And what is the main FTL Drive in that setting? Quantum Drive? Warp Drive?

Regards
Togaras

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: SM:P TechLevel for old SM Setting?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 07:40:42 PM »
I believe thier are some guidlines in the back of Blaster Law. But I do not have the books handy right now.  In general I think it was 25-27, but do not hold me to the 27.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 09:37:38 PM »
Tech Level varied across the Empire and the frountier, but in the heart of the empire, tech level 25 seemed to be common tech level.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline DJRJ_AU

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Lost & Confused...
    • Surviving Suburbia
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 02:27:08 AM »
Some aspects of the tech suggested that in parts the tech level in the Imperium was 26.  Those floating light generators for example.  Small and suspended by a tiny gravitic engine.  Cool, but a little dumb...

Doug

Togaras

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 10:49:35 AM »
Hmm, okay that is confusing me a little, cause some parts like communication (still only tachyon communication and no quantum com) and ftl traviling (i read they use hyperdrives) are more in the early 20ies. but okay, i ll will asume something about 24/25 to give runable setting to my players and keep my eyes open what goodies they have and what not. thanks for your answers.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 07:27:29 PM »
Also I think one of the best things in SM is that you can have different tec levels for different areas. So you as the GM get to set them.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Sirius

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 03:35:20 PM »
Like markc said, different categories have different tech levels, but in general it is TL 24 or 25, depending on where in the imperium you are.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. - H.L. Mencken