Author Topic: Droid/Cyborg Character Creation  (Read 3953 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Droid/Cyborg Character Creation
« on: August 17, 2007, 08:05:30 PM »
I'm sure this is a loaded question but our game in a week and I don't have the time to purchase and read any books on this question. Therefore I pose the question to the board and hope many people can pitch in a few rules to help.

I have a player that wants to create an android type character. How do I do this? Is there a race? What profession? How are levels attained, ranks, development points, talents? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Droid/Cyborg Character Creation
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 09:42:41 PM »
Unfortantly the robatics manuel has everything you need.
The player or GM creates the robot and from thier it is just like any other "race".
  Except IMO thier should be no stat gain rolls so you as GM should work out an XP system for the character.
 Also IMO robotic char. can and should take a little more time to create as they can be easily abused by PC's and GM alike.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 12:49:13 AM »
Odd, I always find them faster if you're using a standard model.  They've got fixed stats.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 07:06:29 AM »
Faster or slower, the only restriction while creating an android is budget, so be very careful how much you allow in the budget.  I saw an android with all stat mods of +16 and +14, tons of ev skills and high hits/AT/DB on top of it all.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 01:18:53 PM »
 I agree that if you use a standard model they generally have been balanced. But you may not want them in your game. IE a warbot in a long running mystery game. The player will not have fun as thier skills are more in the martial area and not in the main adventure area.
 With home designs I have seen more of a possibliity of abuse and player misunderstanding. Such as What do you mean I have to go to a bio-mechanic to get fixed. I can not just put a band-aid on it?
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline lev_lafayette

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 07:24:08 PM »

Damn, I misread the topic thread as "Druid/Cyborg Character Creation". How awesome that would be!
RPG Review. Free 'zine. Worth reading.
My livejournal.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 07:53:30 PM »

Damn, I misread the topic thread as "Druid/Cyborg Character Creation". How awesome that would be!
If you want to talk about creation, then lets have at it. But IMO robot/cyborg design, concept and impact can have a huge affect on the game. I have generaly seen it be the "race" evreyone or noone wants to play depending on how it is handeled.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Togaras

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 05:09:55 AM »
In the Robotic Manual I miss something like the Master Character Table, to create small droid encounters. The 2 prepared combat bots are discribed to be very evil and horrorful. And with 200 / 500 hits they are more high level than my players can handle.