Author Topic: healing and cyberware  (Read 3794 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
healing and cyberware
« on: July 25, 2007, 02:53:19 PM »
Hopw would the healing psychic power work if someone had cyberware? Would the cells around it try and replace the cyberware? Or would they stop growing at the human-cyber boundry?
MDC

Thier has not been a post here for a while so this was the best I could come up with.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: healing and cyberware
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 08:32:32 PM »
Unless you were trying to regenerate the missing organ or whatever (not a good idea), I don't think there would be a problem.

:)
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 03:46:21 AM »
I agree, as the cyberware has probably been there for quite some time the cells around it should have adjusted to the situation thus it should be a problem.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 04:13:00 AM »
I was thinking about Shadowrun when I read this the first time and I "think" they had something about the bodies rejection of cyberware. Mostly I think they pumped the body full of meds to add in the healing process and to subdue alot of the bodies reaction to something foreign.
But come to think of it the body might not care much at all. Maybe people work around with piece of glass, shrapnel and so on from wars and accidents within their bodies, which isnt pushed out. I also read in a scientific magazin once about a person who many times pushed a blade through his abdomen. Since he had done it so many times, the body simply had made a tunnel of scartissue, which would never close. There is also the example of hipreplacements, they arent as far as I know rejected either.
The problem might lie in the area of the nerve interfaces, but actually I dont think there would be a problem, come to think of it.

Long post to agree with Defendi
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 01:26:55 PM »
I have a fusion in my back with titanium cages with bone cells taken from my hip and placed inside so as to provide support for the cages.
But what I was thinking was if an cyber part was removed or lost would a healing power regrow, would an bio-eng organ regrow bio-eng or would it be normal. If the person lost an bionic arm and then someone years later decided they did not need it....but wanted them to to have an arm. Would the power regrow the arm or would the cells be tranined enough to say it has been too long.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.