Author Topic: RMU Questions  (Read 568 times)

Offline Dreven1

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RMU Questions
« on: May 09, 2023, 06:16:45 PM »
Hi all,
I am trying to introduce RMU to my group after 10+ years of playing RMSS.
A few of the issues are:
1) WHEN will a hardback of spell law be available????
2) What about the player guide in Hardback like the "Players Handbook" from the system that shall not be named?
3) Conversion of Creatures from RMSS to RMU? Is this needed?
4) Can someone please make herbalism easier for RMU :P
5) Where are the printable or fillable PDFs for the character sheets? I loved the full sheets from the RM Annuals (96 and 97) those were FANTASTIC and kept everything available for the players, though verbose, it was thorough!
Once we start getting into combat and maneuvers, I'll have more questions hehe
Kind Regards
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
Re: RMU Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 08:22:23 PM »
1) When it is ready. I've finished my check of the PDF today. While that isn't an official milestone, it basically means that the revisions can be made with confidence that the vast majority of corrections have been identified. That could still take awhile. Then, there's the various hoops to jump through to get it from revised to ready to be printed. But I expect it'll be less than a month, now.

2) That would be Core Law, the skipping GM Law part. Already out there.

3) Creature Law is coming. In the meantime, make some stuff up or modify RMSS stats. Or you could use the Beta Creature Law. If you find that there is a particular creature you're having trouble expressing in RMU terms, ask. I'm sure you'll get advice and some of it even helpful.

4) What do you mean? There's only one skill involved, so it's already greatly simpler than RMSS/FRP or the more skill-heavy options in RM2.

5) You can print character sheets from Core Law, though there are a few independent sheets floating around. They haven't been formats useful to me, so I haven't kept track. I'm sure someone will point you to one soon.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 12:31:16 AM »
[...]
3) Conversion of Creatures from RMSS to RMU? Is this needed?

It might be useful, but as a fellow GM, I don't believe it is strictly necessary. OB and DB can be used as-is, armor type is easily converted (I'd go for "divide by 2 and round up" at this point).

4) Can someone please make herbalism easier for RMU :P

Well, if you want a given effect, roll for Herbalism, and on a success you know what herb should be used. Then use Survival of the appropriate biome or Herbalism at a penalty to go out and find it.
If you on the other hand find a herb somewhere, roll for Herbalism to figure out what it is and what it does.
Simple enough? :)

5) Where are the printable or fillable PDFs for the character sheets?
[...]

To my knowledge here are none yet, but there IS ERA for RMU, which in the current version I find very useful. I would suggest to check it out on DTRPG.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 08:52:06 AM »

5) Where are the printable or fillable PDFs for the character sheets?

I'm pretty sure there are some circulating on Discord; if I remember correctly, JDale posted one.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 09:22:15 AM »
Excel character sheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv63pvwoq5xl5i1/RMU_Character_sheet%202022-Dec.xlsx?dl=0

There is a fillable PDF sheet that someone posted in Discord (search the RMU channel for "fillable PDF" and you'll find it), it may also be in the Vault here.

We've already started going through the edits for Spell Law. That will take some back-and-forth as the PDF is updated, but once it is finished the updated PDF will be available to everyone who already bought Spell Law, and the print versions will become available.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Dreven1

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 05:02:04 PM »
Thank you all for the replies!
I will try to make a fillable PDF.  Thank you for the excel sheet!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 03:28:40 AM »
Excel character sheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv63pvwoq5xl5i1/RMU_Character_sheet%202022-Dec.xlsx?dl=0
[...]

Just dropping by to say this is an awesome piece of work, thank you very much!