Author Topic: Gen Con 2014  (Read 22193 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Re: Gen Con 2014
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
I think I only have one set of back to back events... I have all of my events so far programmed into my calendar on my phone so I will be notified 15 mins before they start.
There are still no ICE game events. I posted a question on the Gencon forums asking how long it could take to get the other events listed. Hopefully one of the people who handle the event scheduling will chime in.

Beggarking, It would be great to sit and experience a RMU game with the other forum members going this year, I'm game... Though we will have to see when it comes to what times we will all be available.

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2014, 10:59:24 PM »
I think the only back to back's I have are seminars in the Westin and the Crown Plaza.  2 block hike, but since they are seminars I'm not at all concerned.  Everything else I have one hour gaps between at least.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2014, 05:31:09 AM »
Hi guys,

When you all know which ICE games (if any) you are hosting etc did you want me to put a shout out on social media to see if any other ICE fans want to join in or meet up?

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2014, 09:52:46 AM »
The response from Gencon is they should be able to go through the rest of the events and have them posted within a week. They said there are a handful of Rolemaster but no HARP events.

Bruce

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2014, 01:44:42 PM »
Hi guys,
When you all know which ICE games (if any) you are hosting etc did you want me to put a shout out on social media to see if any other ICE fans want to join in or meet up?
Yes, I think that would be great.  I'm sure there are a lot of RM fans that don't frequent these boards, so tossing it up on your Facebook page would be a good idea.
- Cory Magel

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
    • World of Ærnth/Channel Cities
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2014, 07:30:13 AM »
My 6 events have been accepted (received the emails early this morning (3:42 June 3rd).  But in the notice that they were it was stated that they have not been added to the list of available events and that locations have not yet been assigned for them.  So they are slowly making progress on processing submissions.
Wolfhound (aka Aaron Smalley)
World of Aernth/Channel Cities setting: www.ChannelCities.com
City of Archendurn & Dun Cru author (for RM/HARP)
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)

Offline BeggarKing (Thomas)

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +40/-40
    • Wandering Monster Studios
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2014, 08:18:32 AM »
Mine too - "accepted for consideration" means they don't have a space or timespot yet - essentially means they found nothing wrong with the submission.
Adventurer walks into a bar with Flint and Steel. Bartender says, "Don't start anything."

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2014, 07:48:47 PM »
This is good news. I just hope I can get into at least one of these events. I am not sure what my roomies are willing to give up so I am not sure what time I can purchase for the events. The guy, Pete, who does all the scheduling for him and Chris (the other guy) is on his 2 week honeymoon in Greece (started yesterday).  So unless there is a way to contact him I am just going to wing it and hope for the best.
My friend Walt said look to see the events approved by tonight, but I'm not feeling that is a good time for the Gencon planners.

Bruce

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2014, 12:32:24 AM »
Judging by the fact that none of the RM events are posted yet I am guessing they had "a lot" of late submissions.

Bruce

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2014, 02:04:10 AM »
I believe they still have 100's of events left to fit in.
- Cory Magel

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2014, 06:21:16 AM »
I was actually discussing GM badges and their policies with the lead event organizer yesterday by email and he was saying that all of the remaining events should be appearing within the next few days. 

On that note (GM badges), when ICE is able to have an official presence there (hopefully next year with the upcoming release of the new Rolemaster), they need to have someone (who will be attending) act as an official "event organizer" that can then get (work with the GenCon folks and can pick up the associated GM badges at the opening of the convention) GM badges for those who are willing to run larger (large number of player-hours) quantities of events that can then get complimentary GM badges.  He had asked me if I was the offical ICE event organizer and I told him no, that I was just one of a couple of independant GM's who are working with the ICE folks, but that I didn't think any of us were running enough to qualify for the complimentary badges, but that there might be someone next year due to the upcoming release of the newest versio of the rules, as well as for other ICE products such as the HARP product line. 
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2014, 06:59:05 PM »
Assuming ICE can ever spring for a booth and possibly cover a portion of trip costs I'm willing to work the both with someone and act as the go-between with Gen Con LLC for things like arranging GM Badges and possible housing reimbursement.  I live in their neck of the woods (20 miles or so) and am aquainted with them and working Gen Con (I've run events in the past and have worked the Con as a WotC employee - which is who owned it at the time and technically Peter is still the 'man in charge').

To get a GM badge you only need 70 player hours of events.  Assuming you have 6 players in a 4 hour event that's 24 hours of player hours.  So that's only 4 event slots.  Do one like 10am-2pm and one somewhere from 6pm, 7pm, or 8pm to 10pm, 11pm or Midnight on Fri night, Sat morn, Sat night, Sun morn.  That's not bad really.

However, to get 1/4th room reimbursement you need 200 hours.  That's tougher.
- Cory Magel

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2014, 07:39:02 AM »
Last year my badge cost was reimbursed due to running enough hours worth of events.  This year I'm not running enough hours worth of events to have my badge reimbursed in that way unless every event is completely full (which didn't happen last year, but we will see if all are full or not). 

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2014, 01:13:14 PM »
I will highlight to John Seal for consideration for next year.
If it is a possibility, I am sure he will want to work with both of you considering your prior experience in this area - and of course, this would earn you bonus OIC DP.  ;D
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2014, 07:49:03 PM »

Booth-wise, time permitting, Mrs. Old Man and I would likely be able to assist in staffing as well. We helped Fred of Cloven Fruit when he did an ICE booth in 08 (?) and also, "back in the day" did the ICE/Grey Worlds booth in 92-94.

Regards,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2014, 08:40:40 PM »
When ICE is ready to again have a presence at GenCon,  there will likely be many of us who will be available to help.  Hopefully next year with the release of the new Rolemaster and with a variety of HARP products on the market, it will hopefully be a good year for ICE to return to GenCon.

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2014, 05:32:53 PM »
As an update, I just received notice from GenCon that locations have been assigned for my 6 events

"JW : 305 : 1-or-2" which I'm assuming is room #305 at the JW Marriott, with the table number being 1 or 2 depending on the session.

I just did a search and no events are showing up for Rolemaster yet, so it hasn't been added for access yet, but hopefully it will be soon.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »
Check out this link...

http://gencon.eventdb.us/

Up top there is a tab for "Changes" that will let you track was has been added, removed completely or had tickets returned recently (it updates a the 6 and 12 hours, so four times a day)
- Cory Magel

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2014, 08:56:55 PM »
I got an email from Gencon and I quote:
Thousands of events have been added and updated since the initial event schedule release in early May, and the next batch of late-submitted events will release at approximately 6 pm eastern on Sunday, June 8.

So I need to be on here then to get the events I want, like Rolemaster.

Bruce

Offline BeggarKing (Thomas)

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +40/-40
    • Wandering Monster Studios
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2014, 05:07:58 PM »
Looks like a couple of my events were just approved:

https://www.gencon.com/events/search?fri=true&sat=true&sun=true&thur=true&title=Intrigue+in+the+Magical+City+of+Aram&wed=true

RPG1460709
RPG1464400

Hm - should probably look at booking that plane ticket now....
Adventurer walks into a bar with Flint and Steel. Bartender says, "Don't start anything."