Author Topic: Healing From Damage Timing  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Big White Mint

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Healing From Damage Timing
« on: September 04, 2013, 10:45:47 AM »
I'm a bit confused by the healing rules. The text says that all damage of different types (concussion hits loss, bleeding, penalties) is added together to determine severity. This raises a few questions for me:

1. Say you have total penalties of -20 from one wound and are bleeding 6 hits a round from another. The former falls in the light category and the latter in the medium. So, are you currently suffering medium damage since that's the most severe category your wounds are in as a group?

2. When do you determine how long it's going to take you to heal? When you receive a wound? But what about when you receive another wound as severity is supposed to be determine by the damage received from all wounds?

If I was going to answer my own questions, I'd say that healing recovery is checked at the end of each day for that day's set of wounds with the most severe would determining which category to roll in on the Healing Recovery Table. I would treat each days set of wounds as a separate set and track their healing accordingly.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: Healing From Damage Timing
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 12:03:14 PM »
Injuries come in 4 forms.
  • Concussion hits - heal at your Con Bonus +1 for every 8 hours of rest you get.
  • Bleeding Injuries - must be healed in the short term or else you will eventually bleed to death. These will not heal naturally.  The severity of bleeding injuries is important for magical healing attempts
  • Stuns - these you recover from over time
  • Other Injuries that result in maneuver penalties

The other injuries are the ones that require the Healing Recovery Table.  Determine what your severity is based upon your sum total of all injuries and then roll the dice and compare to the Healing Recovery Table to determine how long these wounds will take to heal.  If additional wounds are received while you are resting to heal, then re-roll considering the current state of your health.

You roll once you are cared for and resting.  If your resting/healing is interrupted, you can either indicate that the wound is not healed and remains as it was when you began resting, or else you can determine what % of your healing time you rested for and reduce the injury by that %. 
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Big White Mint

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 07:37:16 AM »
Thanks Thom, that's very clear.

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 07:42:43 AM »
If you receive two medium injuries (-30 and -40), does that end being one severe injury (-70) or is it still treated as medium severity?
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 07:48:23 AM »
I consider them as two medium injuries, which require two rolls. But that's just me.

Also, I use the recovery table for bleeding injuries that were treated by non-magical healing to determine when the wound has been sufficiently healed so that there is no risk of it re-opening. The healing roll gives a bonus to the recovery roll.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 08:43:42 AM »
If you receive two medium injuries (-30 and -40), does that end being one severe injury (-70) or is it still treated as medium severity?

Official rules indicate that you should treat them as 1 severe injury.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 08:58:09 AM »

That is simpler than my old RM ways  :o

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »

Thanks!
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.