Author Topic: Revisiting Scaling Diomin to HARP  (Read 6957 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Revisiting Scaling Diomin to HARP
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »
It might be as simple in this case to switch racial 1st level Profession restrictions. Give the Gnolaum Clerics and give the Araki Druids.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »
It might be as simple in this case to switch racial 1st level Profession restrictions. Give the Gnolaum Clerics and give the Araki Druids.

I like it when things are that simple.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2011, 08:13:11 PM »
Maybe just add a comment about how 1st level Profession restrictions won't necessarily align with D&D 3.x class restrictions because a HARP Profession of the same (or a similar) name does not necessarily fill the same flavor.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2011, 05:21:46 AM »
Maybe just add a comment about how 1st level Profession restrictions won't necessarily align with D&D 3.x class restrictions because a HARP Profession of the same (or a similar) name does not necessarily fill the same flavor.

You could do that or make some notes on what you would do to balance them out or make them fit together better.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2011, 09:38:01 AM »
There's a prestige class that I want to represent the abilities of. Main features are "focus casting tradition": the focus is an orb, and that focus is also a power point storage device. Better crafted orbs can store more PP, and a caster of this tradition can cast using the orb's PP if he himself is out of PP or just doesn't want to spend his own. Or rather, in D&D 3.x terms, he essentially put his spells into the orb to be something of an item-based psionicist.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2011, 10:04:10 AM »
After looking at this topic: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=11337.0;topicseen, I guess I need some ideas on creating a profession that uses spirit magic in a manner similar to the Diomin Shaman D&D 3.x/Pathfinder class. I guess Pathfinder unofficially counts as "3.x" too, doesn't it?

Maybe I'll convert some class features to spells. Because HARP characters are more experienced at 1st level than 3.x characters, some class features may come earlier.

Starting Talents and Abilities:
1. See Spirit
2. Speak with Spirit
3. ?

Shamans extensively use Ritual Magic to summon, tether (and break those tethers), and control spirits, and also to add limited enchantments to items for themselves, a single individual, or an entire group of people.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2011, 07:18:32 PM »
So, for the prestige class I want to model, it would be focus based casting tradition, and they would need the Battery spell.

The Zeredite humans tend to use wooden shields. Besides being easier to break, should I give them any other modifiers?

Here's what I've extrapolated for Tirasim human military equipment
Soldier: Plate & Chain Cuirass, Soft Leather Boots, Normal Shield, Short Sword
Elite: Plate & Chain Cuirass, Soft Leather Boots, Normal Shield, Plate Bracers, Plate Greaves, Longsword.

Going for the "Lorica Segmentata" look.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 07:26:10 PM by Zhaleskra, Reason: Examples of Tirasim Human armor »
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2011, 08:48:20 AM »
I changed Plate & Chain to just plain ol' Plate.

Working on modelling prestige classes as organizations.

Having trouble thinking of a cost for a Superior Shield Training talent. The effect of the talent is that you don't lose your shield's DB when you use it for a shield bash. Or if you have Weapon & Shield, you continue to use your trained DB for the shield in the same action.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2012, 09:33:13 AM »
Now that I've downloaded HARP Fantasy, I see a few places that need to be re-balanced in the current version of my conversion document. The big one though is now that Blood Talents are 10 or 5 DPs, there is no reason to make Gadianti Blood (Greater) cost extra as 10 DPs is a pretty big sacrifice of development points as it is.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »
Revised the Hearthom Talents again. Now it's:
Bane (Minor)--Gadianti
Heat Resistances (Major): No Stamina RRs against natural heat ever.
Tough Hide (Lesser): (+10 to DB is the same thing as -10 to the critical, and this way it's less wordy).
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2012, 09:11:55 AM »
It's still missing some information on what spells I think suit each god, but here's the first version of the conversion document updated for HARP Fantasy. There is an endnote that reveals some semi-secret racial information, but that's why it's an endnote.
#LotorAllura2024