Author Topic: Director's Briefing - 4th April 2012  (Read 3054 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - 4th April 2012
« on: April 04, 2012, 03:18:20 AM »
This is the ninth of our scheduled Director’s Briefings.

Firstly, we’ve consistently stated that our tweaking of HARP Fantasy is not a new edition of HARP, but rather an enhancement of the existing design to fix issues that have been identified through years of gaming experience. HARP Fantasy does not need a full reboot – the system as a whole is not broken, and there were so few full book supplements published for the system that we are not out of ideas for financially viable expansion products. So if you consider the original 160-page HARP to be version 1.0 and the 192-page sequel to be version 1.2, then our enhanced HARP Fantasy will be version 1.5.  Now from a financial business perspective, we would like our fans to buy our enhanced HARP Fantasy because we are running GCP Ltd as a business and products should make a profit, and from a gaming/business perspective, we want our fans to be using enhanced HARP Fantasy because it will make supporting you easier in all respects. Of course in troubled financial times, finding $20 USD for a version 1.5 might discourage fans from an immediate purchase.  It’s not a gaming business secret that the majority of a product’s sales typically happen in the first few months after release, which means that most of our fans will have purchased the original and 192-page pdf editions from very defunct incarnations of the Mjolnir store and probably won’t have their receipts.

So we’re going to do something different. We will make a time-limited discount coupon available on OneBookShelf and all its affiliates, which will allow anyone to buy HARP Fantasy as a pdf at a mere 5 USD. We will publish the coupon on the ICE forums and through the mailing list. There will be a time limit to redeem this coupon, so please do not procrastinate. This is a headsup so that you all know this is what we are going to do.

Secondly, speaking of discount coupons, the feedback is that most people don’t have receipts for previously purchased pdf products and some folk have lost their access details to the still-existing but dormant Mjolnir store. So we’re going to make things easier still – open your pdf products to page 11 and take a screenshot. Then email the screenshot(s) to me at gcp.store.transition@gmail.com and I will issue the appropriate coupons.

Thirdly, negotiations continue with a number of freelance authors of products lost in the copyright limbo. We have secured agreement for the return of Cyber Europe and it will go back on sale as a searchable scanned pdf soon as the contract receives all the necessary signatures. To speed up the return of some RMSS products where we already have agreement, we may release these as searchable scanned pdfs in the short-term so that they are not stuck in the rebranding queue.

Fourthly, I’ve deliberately delayed this Briefing until after April 1st so that I can surprise you with the genuine news (and no fooling) that seven new Rolemaster products are well underway and the first full drafts of some of these are scheduled to arrive very shortly on editorial desks in the very near future. That’s all I am going to say in this Briefing about them; stay tuned for more information.

The next scheduled Director’s Briefing will be presented in early May.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Guild Companion Publications Ltd.
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline DangerMan

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - 4th April 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 05:00:23 AM »
Seven new Rolemaster products are well underway ...

So may questions.. popping into brain... must be patient..
If you're having fun, you're doing it right!

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 11:54:30 AM »
Great News all around.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 01:35:46 AM »
Seven new RM products...what time frame are we looking at for having 7 new products? Even if just a few of these make it into final products it seems we are indeed looking for a great future for our gaming.
/Pa Staav

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 04:25:22 AM »
Several are intended for release in late 2012, the rest should appear in 2013.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 04:45:58 AM »
Several are intended for release in late 2012, the rest should appear in 2013.

Sounds great...it is interesting to compare to the previous years. I would think we have include quite many years to get 7 titles for RM released. Anyone who have the numbers in their head to say what the average release rate is Ironcrown in modern times?
/Pa Staav

Offline mistrornge

• Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 06:49:43 AM »
Great job guys.
GMing RMFRP in Forgotten Realms
Charles Morris

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 07:32:23 AM »
Seven new rolemaster products in the pipeline!!!!

You just made me very happy and can hardly wait for em!

Offline Hubbaman

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 01:56:51 PM »
This is great! I hope a few of them are for RMFRP.

Offline TAK

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 05:22:22 AM »
Question regarding HARP Fantasy, is it coming to POD at all?
I guess I'm old school, but I like to have a dead tree version instead of a PDF or if at all possible, both.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 05:31:45 AM »
Question regarding HARP Fantasy, is it coming to POD at all?
I guess I'm old school, but I like to have a dead tree version instead of a PDF or if at all possible, both.

HARP Fantasy will return in pdf, in print-on-demand, and all being well, it will enter mainstream distribution at a later date.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline TAK

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 06:22:39 AM »

HARP Fantasy will return in pdf, in print-on-demand, and all being well, it will enter mainstream distribution at a later date.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Very much awesomeness!
Thanks for the quick reply.