Author Topic: Combat actions for spellcasters  (Read 4896 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Re: Combat actions for spellcasters
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »
Where is the popcorn eating emoticon?

Offline Kasdaye

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 10:46:29 AM »
Wow... where was I for that whole debate? I feel like I've missed a treat!

Since I'm over a week late for the debate, and the toys seem to be back in the pram now. Allow me to recap some of the highlights.

Jason:
So this point is unfortunately, entirely wrong and moot.
Nicholas could comment about the New HARP (which will use HARP Scifi rules enhancements) But I think you will then argue that this goes against the original rules that we bought and thus you wont accept that....
Bam!, Pow! Jason opens the fray with a double slash! How wil pat respond?

Pat
I think you mis-read my examples and have become a bit confused
your example doesn't mean anything. It doesn't support your arguement or dismiss mine so I'll skip this as well. I'll also skip the part about the author's intent and the forum as it doesn't seem to mean anything
Pat dismissively shrugs off Jasons taunts! Will Jason rise to this clear display of flagrant disrespect?!

Jason
If your going to defend your position with sily examples (re: spellcasting and movenattack) then why are you arguonig at all?
What your doing is creating a Kangaroo court - everyone can say what they like but I will never change and wont listen or play wityh anyone who doesnt do exactly what I want.
KAPOW!!! Jason retaliates with a little disrespect of his own, accusing Pat of the "I'm taking my ball and going home" approach! A cunning play, but will it work out?

Pat
If you can't put forward a case to defend your position based on what you believe and my counter arguments, then don't make stuff up.
The rest of your comments appear to be in the form of a rant rather than a cogent arguement so I'll pretty much give it a miss
If you'd like to moderate or change this view point, please feel free as it's pretty conclusive that the current statement is incorrect.
Open ended roll!But Jason is quick to recover!

Jason:
YOu used badly written rules which have been disputed by all and sundry on these forums to justify your even worse point.
Then you go and accuse the writer of the Rules that he doesnt know the rules?
And then... the olive branch :)

Jason
We will simply have to agree to disagree.
And that's that! A great match that ended amiably with no major casualties... BUT WAIT! WHAT'S THIS!!!

Jason
The Paladin casts Bladeturn....

Oh wait, thats right. You cant move and attack and cast a spell at the same time....

Do you now see how badly flawed your logical arguments are?
AMBUSH BY JASON!!! It appears he was using Shadow step fully scaled up! Pat had ABSOLUTELY NO WAY of detecting him! Surely the match is over now as Jason strikes his victory pose, beats his chest, and declares loudly:

Jason
[
QED. I win.
Unfortunately for him, Pat has one more trick up his sleeve. He Jumps up and declares:

Pat
Nope...Wrong again
Before casting a "Witty Retort" spell at Jason... Unluckily for him, the referee spots that Pat was, in fact, moving when the spell was cast. Which isnt in the rules. Therefore he is sent off without delay!!!

Result: I think we can call this one a draw ;)... Be sure to tune in next week when our two fighters are forced to fight to the death using nothing but the HARP core rule book (Along with corrected errata!)
"There is nothing to fear but fear itself... and zombies"

"We must fight against apathy!!!... Or not, I don't really care"

"My lady, I'd love to stay and chat, but I fear tequila has gotten the better of me" - Me... Unfortunately

"On my way here I wrote but a single word in my diary. It simply read... Bugger. - Captain Darling

Offline Pat

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 11:16:50 PM »
Pat was, in fact, moving when the spell was cast. Which isnt in the rules.

Well at least one person agrees with me!