Author Topic: Shadow World Player Guide - The World is now available  (Read 7744 times)

Offline -Dain-

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt
Re: Shadow World Player Guide - The World is now available
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 01:33:47 AM »
All good now!
As demanded, I've downloaded the file again and tested it. Much quicker to read and no crash down. I tried 5 times, flipping quickly the pages, jumping directly into the page 18 and some others that used to be pretty slow to load, and all of them are working fine now.

I must admit I was very surprised about my post being read and taken into account. This must mean you are very attentive to the community and you have, for this, my utmost respect.

Thanks again!

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 03:56:42 AM »
I must admit I was very surprised about my post being read and taken into account. This must mean you are very attentive to the community and you have, for this, my utmost respect.

If the fans can't use it, we've failed (and wasted our time)!  ;D

We want the new Shadow World products to be of the highest quality with the text, images and layout supporting and enhancing the information contained within and if there's something preventing that, it becomes a priority to put right.

This book will be printed in full colour in the next few weeks so I'm looking forward to everyone's reaction to that when it's released!  :)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 10:10:07 AM »
This book will be printed in full colour in the next few weeks so I'm looking forward to everyone's reaction to that when it's released!  :)
Well, you can count me in.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Moloch

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Tocardo Connardo Inside
    • Aventures en Tanara
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »
Great job !

Keep up the good work.

Best regards
M.
I am the one you warned me of.

Offline darksilver

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 09:10:27 AM »
What are the plans regarding the binding of the print copy? Just had a quick look at the preview file btw and I'm in SW heaven. Absolutely top class and leaves me impatient for more material. Any ideas on the schedule for further stuff? You mentioned a gazetteer in passing

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 09:24:20 AM »
darksilver, the print version will be perfect bound.

With regard to the future schedule, sorry but all that can be said now is that they are in the works, but with no date set for release.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »
With regard to the future schedule, sorry but all that can be said now is that they are in the works, but with no date set for release.

Any hints as to what works are in progress? I think there's Emer III, an adventure for TGA and the next world guide (GM's?), but what else is in progress?
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Dirik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 03:15:32 AM »

Any hints as to what works are in progress? I think there's Emer III, an adventure for TGA and the next world guide (GM's?), but what else is in progress?

yes, some sort of a roadmap would be nice!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 09:51:11 AM »
The current TGC editorial has some information on future plans.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 03:19:50 AM »
I've read the editorial, thanks. I'd personally like to see a complete list of all currently started projects, and some sort of indicator as to their stage. I think this may help get new platers interested in Shadow World if they can see what's under way, although I understand this could very well not be something you currently wish to do.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 06:53:05 AM »
As details firm up, we will start releasing more information.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 07:42:54 AM »
Looking forward to it.

Offline darksilver

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 11:02:15 AM »
Was hoping to wait for a print copy but couldn't so I downloaded the pdf in time for our gaming session last night. However I've discovered today that I can't print page 26. I have a Brother duplex laser printer which has always been very reliable, but whenever it attempts this page it runs out of memory. Have tried 3 times now and am wasting paper and ink. Page 25 prints fine on the other side. I'm at a loss.

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 11:18:37 AM »
darksilver,

Page 26 that has the graphic of Tower Isle on Thuul ?     Craig will take a look and hopefully be able to do something with the image to fix the memory issue.   Thanks for bringing it up and sorry for the difficulty you are having.

Offline darksilver

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 11:41:36 AM »
Thank you for the remarkably prompt reply

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 01:37:53 PM »
That's certainly an odd page to error - are you sure it's the Tower Isle page? Do you have the most updated version as we've had it updated once already?

If you pm me your email address, I'll send over a few versions of the that page to see if we can't pinpoint the offending item on the page. We will get  this sorted. :)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 06:06:45 PM »
I finally download it, as i expected there isn't new info, but i am glad to see how it's done.  The schematics , the art everything is perfect :nice and clear.  I think that orders, groups, are great for newbies to understand the world (it seems you forget about Shulurs in inmortal races). OTOH techonlogy levels , planetary info seems to me not necessary in a gamers guide.

The truth is that i am waiting for new material presented like this guide: Emer III, or whatever. I like the path you are taking..just continue please.

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 10:52:11 PM »
Vince, thanks for the feedback.  With regard to the Shuluri...player-known races had to pass two tests:  1) they had to be global, that is they had to appear on more than 3 or more continents, and 2) they had to be known to their neighbors.  Shuluri maintain a secretive way of life and do not generally make their presence known to outsiders.

Concerning the other stuff:
While it's good to hear back about what people liked, it's great, and helpful, to hear this stuff - what info you think should have been included and what material was included that you think should not be.   As you can imagine there were some difficult decisions to be made about what exactly should be considered 'player' info, especially since every GM may have different opinions on the subject!

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!

Offline darksilver

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 07:20:39 AM »
Just to report that the printing issue has been resolved. Many thanks to Craggles for his assistance. Looking forward to more products of this exemplary quality.

Offline Hubbaman

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2010, 04:39:23 PM »

If the fans can't use it, we've failed (and wasted our time)!  ;D

We want the new Shadow World products to be of the highest quality with the text, images and layout supporting and enhancing the information contained within and if there's something preventing that, it becomes a priority to put right.

Hello! Has this book been printed yet? If so, where can I get it?