Author Topic: shaman spell "Spirit Trap"  (Read 939 times)

Offline nick

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
shaman spell "Spirit Trap"
« on: July 08, 2010, 01:09:09 PM »
Hi,
got a few questions concerning "Spirit Trap"(H.B.6).
First, it says RR vs Magic. I assume the spirit can resist the spell and try to not be trapped into the item?
Or is it a resistance for everyone against the powers of the item? I.E. if the item would be a weapon, would anyone struck buy this weapon get a resistance to withstand the special abbilities or the +50(+) Bonus?

Second, is a Bonus of +50(or even 100 with 3 spirits) to much? I understand u need to have a few other spells to make effective use of "Spirit Trap" but u can accumulate huge Boni with it. I am interested in opinions here if or if not the boni is overpowered.
thx in advance,
nick

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: shaman spell "Spirit Trap"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 01:19:04 PM »
1) The RR is for the Spirit to resist being trapped.

2) The bonus is for items that cause physical attacks (i.e. using an elemental fire spirit to do a tiny bolt attack). And don't forget that the additional spirits can EITHER increase the bonus of such attack, or to alter/improve the attack, so it would require a lot of spirits to shift things.

3) And finally, don't forget that the spirit devices are one-shot devices. Once used, the spirits are all gone, released back into the Spirit World (which kind of automatically prevents them from being trapped again, and more would have to be captured, and THAT can be a long and arduous process.

Offline nick

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: shaman spell "Spirit Trap"
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »
thank you, got it now, i think.
nick